main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

3: Seeker

This is so frustrating!! Why do I need to fill out another blessed form?? Why can't I just reply to your email, for goodness sake.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks everyone!  Turns out it was a bad local SIM card.  Phone works fine now.

View more options

So we can identify and access your account @SammyPos, we'll need you to confirm the information requested in the private message @Natasha sent you. Once we have this, we'll be able to help with your NUC request.

I'm glad to hear everything's been sorted for you now @walter3 😊

View more options
4: Newbie

More help needed (on behalf of my brother)! He has an Xperia X and has been sent two e-mails thus far, one containing one network unlock code, then a further e-mail containing three more as the first didn't work. None of the four that have been sent work. The last e-mail said to ring Sony if unsuccessful, however Sony say they can't help and it's a Vodafone issue!  Viewing the service menu on his Xperia it appears as if the lock is still on and 0 retries are left to unlock it. It seems incredible that he could buy a phone outright a couple of years or so ago (which he did) from a VF shop and not be aware it was locked and now be in the position where it is stuck! What should he do next?

View more options

I'm sorry to hear your brother's excceded the allowed number of Network Unlock Code attempts @markcoley. Once this has happened he'll need to contact Sony directly to unlock his handset.

View more options

That's unfortunate. I think this case has taught him (and his family) never to get anything from Vodafone ever again. I find it astonishing that you can implement systems that, without warning, stop a product working with a customer needing to incur additional cost just to get back to a normally functioning product. 

View more options

I've got NUC ocde from Vodafone but it doesnt work on my device.

I tried same code couple of times but it doesnt unlock phone...

could you please help?

thank you,

Petr.

View more options

Hey @petr_bucek, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using your NUC. What kind of phone are you trying to unlock? Have you made sure to insert an activated non Vodafone SIM before using the NUC?

You can find lots of useful information on the unlocking process here. If you're still having trouble, get back in touch and I'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have requested and received an unlock code for my Vodafone IMO Q2 Plus Mobile Phone - Black from Argos. I got an email with the code - which does not work on the phone. The phone was used PAYG for the time required and then some. Instead of being advised to reply to the email (done that anyway) - I've been sent to this open forum.

Any help please?

Ta

J

View more options

My phone number is [Removed].  I was given NUC code [Removed]

I followed all intsructions to no avail using multiple sims.  Please help/provide new code.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
Administrator

@fly_by_london We'd be happy to escalate your unlock query for you and I can only apologise the code provided hasn't worked. Please get in touch with is via the link in my private message 🙂

@Ash29 This is a public forum, so please avoid posting any account/personal details. I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options

I have been sent an unlock code for my Sony Xperia z3 but for some reason it will not work.

Any tips?

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your phone unlocked @laurapickerill. Are you getting any error messages? 

So I can escalate this to our NUC team, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Hi, I have received the NUC code and entered it into the phone that was bought at a Vodafone shop but now has a Plusnet sim in it. The NUC was accepted and the phone powers up but I have no signal. I tried the Plusnet sim in another phone and it's fine. What else do I need to do to the Vodafone phone to get it working. The phone is an Alcatel Smart N8. Thank you in advane for any suggestions.

View more options

By way of update for my brother's Xperia X (see a few posts previously). No local unlocking shops would fix it so brother sent it off to Sony recorded delivery. He sent the four unlock codes too that Vodafone had sent. It was 'repaired' under warranty at no charge but was still locked on return to the Vodafone network. The unlock counter had been reset however. My brother tried the final of the four codes that had been sent from Vodafone and that didn't work so he tried the original code that had been sent and that worked. He can now use Plusnet.

View more options