main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

Vodafone have issued me with several unlock codes, none of which worked and now my phone (Sony Z3 Compact) is permanently locked to Vodafone. Vodafone cannot explain why the codes didn't work but I'm moving abroad this week and I cannot afford to buy a new phone. Sony can fix this but they want Vodafone contact them directly.

What is the formal policy on this. Will Vodafone issue a replacement handset or cover the cost of the Sony service? Can I please give you the IMEI number for you to look into this.

View more options

Thanks but no message received?

View more options

@Lesliesharp  When you say permanently locked to Vodafone, what process have you tried and who has told you this?

Please can you answer the below.

• Has the phone hasn’t been reported lost or stolen?
  • Has 3 unlock codes been requested with in the last 12 months?
  • Have you used a Vodafone SIM for longer than 30 days?
  • Your previous 3 bills are paid and up-to-date?

View more options

@Lindsayleong Have you recently upgraded your price plan with us? Was the phone the same phone that you took out with the contract?

View more options

So if I sent a Vodafone handset that had been unlocked by Vodafone away for repair threw Vodafone under warranty and Vodafone then replace that handset because they cannot repair it then I should not have to wait the 30 days to have that new handset unlocked or need to put a Vodafone sim in the replacement handset to have it done as they provided the new handset so their responsibility to get it unlocked again for me !

View more options

I requested my NUC on 8th November, with the website advising it can take up to 10 working days. It is now 2nd December, and I have just been told by a live chat agent that the request for the code has not even been made yet. This is after having spent 45 minutes on hold on 27th November to be told that it would be available in 3-5 days. Can someone who has a clue help me please, the customer service I have recieved from VF has been 0/10 for the entire 24 months of my contract and I see no suggestions of improvement thus far...

Just to preempt questioning, I am 23 months into a 24 month contract, fully paid up, and I have never requested a NUC until the start of this debacle

View more options
1: Seeker

I sent request today about Unlocking my Phone, I got Message from you saying that my email saying following i've had sim in this Mobile well over 5+ Months so i honestly don't know what is going on

Hello,

You recently asked us to unlock your phone so you can use it on another network. Unfortunately, we can’t do this until your SIM has been active in your phone for at least 30 days.

This is a measure we’ve put in place to help prevent fraud.

What you need to do next

As soon you’ve been with us for 30 days, simply click here to fill in our online form again and we’ll get your unlock code to you as soon as we can.
Thank you, The Customer Care Team.
We've sent this email to you automatically, so unfortunately you can't reply to it directly. We're always here to talk things through though, just use the details below.
View more options

@Robjerry @TTMan @kevs1974 So we can help with your unlock code requests, I've sent you all a private message with details to contact our team directly.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.

View more options

I have been with Vodafone for over 2 years and recently upgraded my Samsung S6 to an S8. I no longer have a SIM card in the old S6 but I need to unlock it, so the online unlock form is no good to me.

Could you please let me know how I can receive an unlock code for a phone that does not have a SIM card in it? I can provide the IMEI which you will be able to see has been used on my account for 2 years up until the upgrade.

Thanks

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @warbutrt0n you do not need a sim in as long as you know the number that was associated with it and the IMEI.

More information here

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/?cid=rdr-11197-01

View more options

Thanks for your reply, but either the form is badly worded or there is a misunderstanding...

23sTrV

"...that is used in the phone..." implies that the SIM must be inserted in to (and active) in the phone you want to unlock.

View more options
17: Community Champion

I can only speak from experience on this forum and the old sim is not required to be in, you only need the number and IMEI.

View more options

I am having trouble getting my unlock code. See email I was advised to send to your customer service after carrying out an online chat with one of your cust service reps (this was sent today):

Hi,

I received an email from this email address on 30 Nov stating "We are unable to provide an unlocking code as this is not a valid Vodafone UK device." - I replied directly to this email stating that is not true (I purchased my phone and contract directly over the phone with vodafone) and have not received a reply. I filled in the form 2 weeks ago now.

I have called Vodafone this morning and they tried to unlock for me but I received email saying "You recently asked us to unlock your phone so you can use it on another network. However our records show we have already unlocked it."

Can you confirm whether it has been unlocked or if not resolve this as soon as possible?

Please help!
View more options

I have applied for a NUC code for my  iphone 6. I did it twice as I didnt get a reply first time and now have found an email in my spam that says vodafone records show it is already unlocked.  Please can you resend the NUC code?

Thanks

View more options

@colinmcguiness – We can take a look into this for you. So that we can access your account, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@SJHOUGHT – For an iPhone there isn’t a code. To check if your phone’s now unlocked, please insert a non Vodafone SIM into the phone and connect it to iTunes.

If it’s still not working after this, please get in touch with us by following the steps in this private message. ☺️

View more options

Seriously cheesed off with Vodafone.........checked online before I bought a new Iphone 7 off Ebay.....knowing it was locked to ebay, but looked at the website and it said if buying a handset from a third party it could be unlocked by

running it for 30 days on a PAYG or Pay monthly sim.......i also spent and hour in an online chat one evening and have it confirmed.  Bought the handset.....started a pay monthly sim deal, had the simswap done by a nice lady on the phone at Vodafone and she confirmed that I could unlock the handset........now 37 days later and having several

NUC requests rejected despite being over the minimum time stated......got NUC request rejected email....saying I have to run sim only deal for 3 months !!!!!!   Emailed the CEO Nick Jeffery to see why the website lies, advisors don't know what they are promising and why the goalposts have been moved.

View more options

Hi Team,

I bought an unlocked SIM free iPhone 7 from carphone warehouse in November 2016, which I placed on a pay monthly sim only deal directly with Vodafone.

I am now leaving Vodafone to GiffGaff, but the NUC website is refusing to unlock my phone.

I pass the criteria;  

- I'm a Pay monthly or small business customer, and have had more than 3 bills which are paid and up to date
 - I'm using the phone I want to unlock on the Vodafone UK network
 - I've been using the phone and number for more than 30 days
 - The phone hasn't been reported lost or stolen
 - I've received less than 3 network unlock codes for this number this year

Can you please explain, why the unlock procedure will not work?

View more options

My wife has an iphone6s on a contract with Vodafone. She wants to move to Sky mobile but the phone is locked to Vodafone. 10 days ago she submitted the NUC form and after a tortuous process involving Vodafone and Apple we are no further forward. 

Vodafone say the phone has been unlocked but we haven’t received a code or an email confirmation.

ive tried factory resets using iTunes to no avail. We are going to the Apple store this morning to see if they can help.

View more options

I’m currently going though the same thing but hoping it will be over soon. 

It’s important to note, and as you’ve probably experienced, Vodafone have appalling customer service, poor retention of previous conversations you had with customer service representative who get annoyed why you don’t accept what you say so record everything, who you spoke to when you spoke to them, take screenshots of online conversations. 

I upgraded my old contract in 2015 with the Carphone Warehouse for an iPhone 6s.

Last week I terminated my contract (mainly because of customer service, if they offered me Tom Hardy as part of a retention deal I’d still turn them down!). 

Got my PUK code, then attempted to get my IMEI code, completed the form

several times, told several times that’s not the number they have on record. 

They maintained I need to go to Carphone Warehouse. Called Carphone Warehouse, they gave me the same IMEI number I’d given to Vodafone, they then said I’d need to speak to Apple. Spoke to Apple, they don’t unlock phones! 

Eventually went to Carphone Warehouse EHO told me this. 

Back in roughly 2015 all iPhones were locked to the first network, so when Apple, Carphone Warehouse and

any network provider tell you those phones were unlocked they weren’t, and no one bothers to mention that to you. 

Mall iPhone supplied by the Carphone Warehouse are unlocked. 

Addotionally, when I took out my contact in 2015, carphone watehouse sent all my contract info to Vodafone who didn’t bother updating my records hence the repeated unlocking rejection emails. 

Car phone watehouse have contacted Vodafone and told them to unlock my phone, got an email from Vodafone this morning stating they’re contacting the manufacturer to unlock it. 

So, go to the carohobe warehouse, get them to call Vodafone whilst you are there and tell them to update their records with your current IMEI number, get everyone’s name, ask to be CC’d in to all emails and get proof for purchase from carphone wardhouse. Don’t let them tell you they don’t have it, I got mine yesterday and if brought the phone in 2015. 

Dont take any [Mod edit: Removed inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines] from

any of them, it’s your phone and they should hold you to random!!!!!!!!

keep me posted. I’ll let you know if my phone is unlocked by Tuesday. That’s their deadline otherwise I shall unleash hell upon them! 

View more options

Sorry to say they can't help ... Try connecting the phone to a computer running iTunes.

Vodafone is holding people to ransom, and it's totally disgusting ... we are not Vodafone's person money banks, we are customers.

For a communication company, they are also totally rubbish at communication !!!!

View more options