main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

I recently asked for a NUC for my partners old Samsung S5, I received the code but it doesn't work! I have checked the IMEI which is correct. Each time I ring I have the same conversation. Someone will get back to me in 24-48 hours with a new code. 'Technical support' were useless. I'm going round in circles, customer services are not helpful at all. Does anyone know how I can move this forward? 

View more options

please can someone here help me get an unlock code for my huawei p10 i got the phone as an upgrade on an account i have had for over 20 years the problem lies in that the sim is used by my mother and she didnt want the new phone as she was happy to use the old one she knows . i have filled in the form three times now and been told it didnt match the phone on account , that its not been used for 30 days . i have called vodaphone regarding this 4 times now and the last time on 5/1/18 to be told that he had emailed for code and not filled in form as this was the only way or buy a sim and use for 30 days

this is the last time i will try to get this code and if this fails vodaphone will be losing a long standing customer

View more options

I have received a NUC for my mobile. It's a Nokia 150 (RM01189)

Although there were no instructions in the email I used the following from a Vodafone forum:

1. Turn on the phone without any sim card
  2. Enter the following sequence (#pw+unlock code+1#) on your NOKIA 108 just like a phone number*

* Characters p, w, + will appear after pressing the *(star) symbol a couple of times

1. Press # at the end to confirm the code
  2. Message "SIM restriction OFF" should appear.

But it says “Code Error”    

Can you please help.

View more options

@Percyp @turnerbrown @Wiki1234 Thanks for posting on the Community!
We'll be more than happy to take a look into your individual NUC (Network Unlock Code) queries.
I've sent you all a private message - please follow the instructions provided to get in touch with our dedicated team 

View more options

What seems like a straightforward task didn't work. I've upgraded by Samsung S6 Edge to an S8 and my wife wants the S6 for her PAYG contract.  She's not with Voda so of course she puts her SIM in the S6 and gets a messages about the phone being network locked.

So I enter the IMEI from the phone into the Voda form, wait less than a day to receive an email with an unlock code, and then follow the simple instructions to unlock... but nothing... the phone simply says unlock failed and prompts for number entry again.

This is the message currently displayed: "SIM network pin blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

A little annoyed with this as my previous 2 phones with Voda weren't locked in this manner.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Perhaps the code isn't yet active?  I did wonder if my wife's SIM is to blame, she's been using it in one of my previous Voda mobiles, a HTC One M8 just fine.

View more options

Hi @HaydenYale, I'm sorry to see that the unlock code we provided didn't unlock your wife's phone.

As the phone is now requesting a PUK code, we'll be happy to arrange for this to be sent to you. So we can do this, I've sent a private message with details to get in touch with our team.

We'll then also be able to arrange for a new unlock code to be sent to you. This can be entered into the phone once the SIM has been unlocked with the PUK code.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi, I'm trying to unlock my song experia Z2 to work on another network. I've request and received my NUC but when prompted to enter the SIM unlock as the instructions outline the NUC I received doesn't work. It's just says unlock unsuccessful. 

Any suggestions or support would be greatly appreciated 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi,

I filled in the Vodafone Network Unlock Code request form for my Sony Xperia X Compact and received a 16 digit NUC by email today. I put in an O2 SIM and twice tried the NUC provided. Each time it says the unlock code was unsuccessful. In the end, I just dismissed the NUC entry form to start the phone.

I have checked, double checked and triple checked the IMEI provided to Vodafone and which they quoted in their return email to me and it is correct. I also tried the 16 digit NUC twice and each time was very careful to enter the exact numbers provided by Vodafone. The email says that if the code is unsuccessful, I should click on the link provided in the email which has taken me to this thread.

I don't want to keep entering the number and then lock the phone as I think there are only 5 attempts and I have used 2 already. Can someone please advise further? The phone is a brand new Sony Xperia Compact X which I bought 2 months ago.

Kind Regards,

Vic

View more options
Hi I am experiencing problems using the network unlock code my family member provided for me when I received a Vodafone smart ultra 6 as a gift. I have been waiting patiently as it has already been followed up. Unfortunately it is still unsucessful and the Vodafone sim has now been disconnected. This leaves me without phone and this being a busy time for me it is very inconvenient. 

I look forward to hearing from you very soon. thank you. Lewis  

View more options

@cbmvic20 @rwdavill Sorry to hear you're having problems with your NUC.

I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch with us, so we can look into this for you.

View more options

Hi i am trying to unlock my phone. I have been sent a unlock code from vodaphone but it isn't working. What should it do now?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@AlexKlimek That's a shame to hear that your code isn't working 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

HI,

I have requested an iPhone to be unlocked and received an email from Vodafone saying this was complete and I could go ahead and set up the phone. In setting up the phone (with a non-vodafone simcard) I was able to complete the whole set up however now the phone will not connect ot any network connection. This is while another iPhone 5 nearby is able to pick up the network without any problems. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

View more options

Hello,

I bought a Vodafone Smart Prime 7 Handset and activated a Vodafone pay as you go SIM card on 13/12/17.

After filling the online NUC request formular, I received an unlock code by email on 16/01.

Despite several attemtps to carefully input this code, it has not worked. I have checked several times that the EMEI is correct as well.

Each time I input the code, the number of remaining attempts decreases by one and I get a message that the code is incorrect and only emergency calls can be done. I only have 4 attempts left.

Could you please kindly advise as to what should be done next to unlock my phone?

Thank you

View more options

@JKRothwell Have you inserted a non-Vodafone SIM into the device, then connected it to iTunes or performed a software restore to complete the process?

@Phil_in_ldn Have you followed the unlocking process below: 

1. Insert a non Vodafone SIM card in the handset.

2. Switch handset on.

3. Display will prompt to enter the Unlock Code.

4. Enter NUC

5. Press OK.

If you've tried these and you're still not having any luck with the unlocking process, I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch, so our NUC team can investigate for you.

View more options

Thanks TJ, I have just sent a message as per the private instructions received.

Best,

Phil

View more options

Hi TJ,

Thank you for the private mesage with further instructions. I have done as requested, providing all information in the email, and entering the code on the escalation form. Can you please advise how long it takes for a response?

Kind Regards,

Vic

View more options

Hi I have received the nuc, number, inserted and alternative network sim, entered the NUC and precicely nothing happens. imei is correct  serial number 322764751993

device is a vodafone smart prime 7 VFD 600. and has been used on payg for more than 30 days. HELP!!

View more options

Well a few months later and I am still without my unlock code ..so here we go again 

I have just sent the vodaphone team my contact details again and maybe this time they will read and reply to  my email.....

stress I can do with out just now ...why is getting your unlock code such a problem especially after you pay a  vodaphone contract for 2 years without fault ......

looking forward to finally getting this resolved 

View more options

@Tennis and @cuznbland I'm sorry to hear you're having a little difficulty unlocking your phones. So we can take a look into this for you, please send us your details by following the instructions in the private message I've sent you.

View more options