Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking

TinaSmith57
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been waiting for my 'Unlock Code' to come through from you since 7th October, I received the initial e mail stating it could take up to 10 working days, but still not heard anything? I have tried putting another Sim in my old phone and its still not unlocked.... Why is this a problem, I have owned this phone for over 2 years and all I have asked for is an Unlock Code....

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @TinaSmith57 what phone do you have ?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @TinaSmith57

If Vodafone have to contact the manufacturer for the code then that can delay things. 

If an iPhone needs unlocking then it is not unlocked via a code you’d input but instead by Apple releasing the iPhone from its data base. This can take occasionally up to 30 days to complete. 

Periodically Hooking up the iPhone to iTunes with the alternative active networks SIM card completes the process. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can escalate this to their Nuc Department if necessary and or supply you an email address for them. They are not customer facing so you can’t ring them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@TinaSmith57 If you're still waiting for your NUC (Network Unlock Code), I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I sent a message and have still

not had phone unlocked?! 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TinaSmith57 I'm sorry for the delay in our response.

So we can chase this for you, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto reply you recieved.