Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 155 Contacts does not work

edo73
2: Seeker

Dear All

I was able to add only two contacts to my phone successfully.

It is irrelevant if I chose the phone or the SIM for storage.

I can add new contacts without error message, but I can see only the first two of them, neither in the call logs, neither in the contact search they wont show up.

Is this a known bug of this low end device, or my one is faulty?

What to do next?

Thank you

Edo 

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi edo73

Thanks for your post.

I must admit this is an odd one. It’s not a known fault so I’d suggest checking our Help Centre.

Thanks

Simon

Ann007

Dear Team

I have also just recently purchased this phone for my elderly Mum - I could not save contacts to the sim but to phone only? I also need a card for her top up - can you let me know where I can get one for this phone. Thanks

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ann007, 

We don't have one we can test with here I'm afraid. If you put the SIM in a different phone and save the contacts to the SIM do they then show when you put the SIM back in the Vodafone 155? 

You can pick up a free swipe card in store. More information on topping up can be found here

Thanks, 

Kay

ryantownley27

Same problem here. Now i have experience with phones, and love the challenge of solving problems.

However the Vodafone 155 tries to evade me. My nana's vodafone 155 has this problem aswel, after using for a while the contacts get lost, aswel as not being able to save to sim in phone; only phone memory,

leaving us with no possible way to back up what isn't showing.

* I thought it were the Sim Card itself, having come with the phone* (Possible)

* or a memory problem with the phone* (Who knows)

* Water damage, i don't think so*

Someone has to look after Nana's !! lol P
Ryan

hrym
17: Community Champion

It certainly sounds like a memory issue.  Is there any way of telling how much you've used/have left?   Can you free some up by deleting old SMS and call logs and possibly content (if the device supports that)?  Always assuming it isn't a relatively new device that shouldn't have filled up yet.

I also assume you've tried limiting the contacts displayed to phone or SIM only?

Hi hrym,

Thanks for the reply, your right in regards to the memory. The maximum memory for this specific model are an internal memory of only 0.3MB.

Currently:-

Sim card has 7 / 250 contacts (Was under the impression nothing was on the sim contacts !!!)
Phone has 22 / 200 contacts (I knew about these, these i have inputted myself today)

You have to add a contact in order to press the Ok button on that newly inputted contact in order to see the options for the whole of the contacts sim and phone, now i can see the 7 sim contacts having selected, Contact Settings: Default Display : Sim Or Phone, i have asked the phone to display sim contacts and more importantly store to sim contacts only. Having deleted the 7 contacts, and set it as sim read and store, the problem seems to have solved itself

hrym

That's good.  Normally, these days, I'd recommend storing contacts on the device as they can be sync'd with online services and the phone book itself is far more flexible.   However, for a simpler device, I still prefer the SIM.  Apart from anything else, transfer is easier.  You don't have a backup, but unless your SIM is totally fried (and that has happened to me), a Vodafone shop can transfer to a new one for you if necessary.

Sorry, in other words it isn't as simple as people expect when buying an easy-to-use model for the elderley, i think having stored duplicates on the sim and phone, it simply wiped the memory after a while..

hrym

I'm a bit surprised it ran out of memory quite so quickly.  Phonebooks don't normally take up much, so I can't quite see it doing it on its own. When I referred to it being a memory issue, I meant that I suspected that the phone was no longer able to display all of the contacts.

When I said I preferred SIM storage for this kind of device, I was referring to the fact that they don't usually do online syncing or what Puff the Magic Dragon referred to as "other fancy stuff".  The advantage there of SIM storage is that you take the SIM out of one device and put it in another and off you go.

We have a Vodafone 555 in the house and it works very well.  Since contacts came to it on the SIM, we've kept them there.  The SMS storage does fill up very quickly, though, and doesn't do last-in-first-out, which would have been handy.