Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Tab

stephb2903
2: Seeker

Is there any way to replace the screen of the smart tab? my autistic son uses it for his PECS and I've gone and dropped it so the screens cracked!

thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You could send the device off for repair but, based on the prices of screen replacements for mobile phones, it could be expensive.  A replacement mobile phone screen is typically in the region of £150 or more.  I'd expect a tablet screen to be a similar price.  For that amount of money, it may be worth buying a new tablet - the Smart Tab 4 is £125 to buy on PAYG.

Obviously these are guideline prices only, for an exact cost, you would need to send your tablet off for repair.  YOu can arrange this through your local Vodafone Store. 

Another thing you can do is claim on insurance.  Depending on the excess, it may be cheaper than buying a new one.

PWIAC

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stephb2903,

I'm sorry to see the screen has been damaged. If you need to find out more about our repair process, here's a guide

Cheers,

Ben

hanney_uk
Hello I'm sorry for jumping on this message but I can't work out how to post my own...
I got a new smart tab 4 a few months ago.
A few weeks ago I set the alarm and turned it off for the night and the next morning it wouldn't turn on. I sent the tab back to Vodafone in the packaging they sent me to return it in and I received it back unfixed and said that the fault they found was not covered under warranty. I was not happy as the tab was not very old. I went into my local Vodafone store to ask if they could help me and they said that the fault would cost £75 to repair and that was all they could tell me and to contact you again about it.
I'm very displeased with the service I have received with this particular product and would like to know where I stand as I don't see why I should pay for a repair when the tab is probably not even 6months old!
I'd actually prefer to send the thing back as I don't want to risk getting another 'faulty' one....
Thanks
Hannah

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hang on for the forum team.  If the issue wasn't covered by the warranty, it's not a "fault" as such, so the device wasn't faulty in the first place, if you see what I mean.  The team may be able to investigate and tell you what the problem was, which would at least help you avoid it in future.  One possibility is that the battery went flat.  In some cases, lithium ones can't be kick-started back into life if that happens and I'm not sure the warranty would cover that as it's a usage matter.   I'm guessing there, but it's a possibility.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Hannah,

Welcome to the eForum.

While your device has a two year warranty on it, some repairs are exempt. Physical or moisture damage will void your warranty. If there's indication of either, a repair will carry a cost.

You can find out more about repairs here and your warranty here.

If you'd like my team to get the engineers notes for you, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers,

Ben

ErikaAnders
1: Seeker

Trying to load OWA onto smart tab 4 but it doesn't work- any suggestions?

drey_p
I'm not really surprised that it doesn't work. The app showing in the Play store is a pre release. This means that it's not the final finished product. There may be bugs and glitches in it, although there shouldn't be that many. You'd be best off waiting until the final release comes out and seeing if it works then.

Also, you need to be running the latest version of Office 365. And you need to be on android version 4.4

PWIAC