Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Marshmallow - app problems

blackshuck
4: Newbie
Updated the o.s. on my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 from Lollypop to Marshmallow this morning .
Several apps .including eBay and BBC weather dissapeared - l reinstalled them , but now they won't work - get message saying they have stopped .
They worked fine before the o.s. upgrade .
Anyone else getting this problem ?
68 REPLIES 68

hrym
17: Community Champion

If an app suddenly misbehaves, you can sometimes get it to work by going into Settings|Apps and clearing the cache and data, then force-stopping it.  Note that clearing data will mean you have to log in again and you'll also lose any settings and saved data.

ajpd
Thank you. Obviously I don't want to be without my phone. I know Vodafone don't comment on update progress but can you confirm that it has been logged as an issue by your team and that you are aware it has been reported in a number of countries. Thank you

davroa
1: Seeker
All works OK after resetting to factory settings (which was easier than l expected!}
Thanks

ajpd
Thanks. I would prefer to avoid this if possible as it should not be required, I have a load of stuff on SD card - files etc that apps need which would loose or loose the connection with and also its a pain to have to go into every app and set them up again how you want. Appreciate somewhat easier than it was as many device settings and games etc progress is to but thus can't be guaranteed. As this is a common issue I'm hoping a software update can be pushed to fix it.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ajpd 

Please follow a factory reset as advised by @63johnw and let us know how you get on. 

That's great @davroa - thanks for letting us know. 

Thanks, 

63johnw
Glad that worked @davroa. As said factory resetting often cures issues after firmware updates. If a factory reset works I doubt an update would be pushed out anytime soon if at all

ajpd
Really redvup to report that the problem has not been solved by a factory reset. It took age s but still the bug when using the headphone socket with the aux cable persists . Can people confirm factory reset solved THIS problem. Other new bugs have also appeared with this update very disappointed

ddavidu
2: Seeker
A Factory reset didn't solve the problem for me either. I also asked in store and of course they weren't aware of the problem and couldn't fix

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ddavidu

Did the store suggest a repair?

ddavidu
No, they also recognized it was an update problem. Still waiting for Vodafone to admit there is a problem and advise when the fix will happen