Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Marshmallow - app problems

blackshuck
4: Newbie
Updated the o.s. on my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 from Lollypop to Marshmallow this morning .
Several apps .including eBay and BBC weather dissapeared - l reinstalled them , but now they won't work - get message saying they have stopped .
They worked fine before the o.s. upgrade .
Anyone else getting this problem ?
68 REPLIES 68

ajpd
Going to buy a new phone today. Fed up with this. Play music now refuses to retain downloaded music so spends hours downloading it just to delete it again for no reason. Also some equalizer settings keep getting lost. And there is also a problem with loss of the silent until next alarm option. This is a fault with early version of marshmallow which Vodafone have stupidly chosen to base this update on. Along with the aux out issue a bug free device is now a disaster and I have hours resetting it etc. Fed up. Thanks Vodafone

blackshuck
I got an aux. cable yesterday - 3.5 mm jack to 2x phono jacks
and tried it with my TV aux phono sockets .
Phone doesn't recognise cable on its own , but does as soon as its plugged into TV - works fine .
Guess phone only recognises when its plugged into a device e.g. headphones ; TV ; laptop etc - it doesn't recognise the lead on its own .

ajpd
I have exactly this arrangement into my stereo and TV but even if plugged in, the phone does not recognise it. I wonder if it depends in the resistance in the circuit or if it's to do with the plug type too - is yours 3 or 4 core? What I do know is this worked perfectly before the update.

ddavidu
2: Seeker
Look at the rings on the jack. 3 rings which are standard on headphones due to the mic is fine. 2 rings that connect to another device, audio only, aren't recognized after the update so sound continues to be played out of the phones speaker.

blackshuck
Jack plug on my phono. cable has 3 metal sections separated by two insulating rings - same as on my headphones .

Stock1well
Hi.I'm having problem with the hotspot timeout. There is no option to choose how long you want the hotspot timeout be on. After 10min. its turn off automatically. Can you help me, please?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We've passed the information about the issues you're all facing over to our Technical team who are looking into this.

As soon as we receive any update from them, we'll update this thread.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Stock1well The Technical team have asked if you could please confirm the following troubleshooting questions:

- Can you confirm the handset you're using?
- Was the option to to choose this there before the update?

Can anyone else in this thread confirm if you're also having the same issue with the hotspot timeout please?

With regards to the headphone jack issue, we're still investigating this and will update you all as soon as we can.

ajpd
Thank you but do keep chasing them please. Don't want to let this drift

ajpd
New marshmallow bug. When switching flight mode off, WiFi does not always switch back on even though it was on before. Beware your 4G bills - you sometimes have to manually switch it back on again