Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone & EE issues

Nickiy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was going to raise a heavy complain about my device been locked to Vodafone while I purchased the phone from an EE in store yet nothing has been done after calls, chats, wrong email address that was sent to me by the Vodafone team. The email they asked me to contact does not function!!!!
Ive been on this case for several weeks now

9 REPLIES 9

Nabs
17: Community Champion

What type of device is it?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Nickiy I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your device. As @Nabs said, what kind of device is it?

Did you purchase this directly, from new, from the EE store? Have you contacted them at all, if so what did they advise?

Please get back to us and we'll be happy to look into this further for you. 

Hi lovelies, 

thank you all so much for the concerns. Yes I did purchase it from an EE INSTORE at westkensignton in London . The number I had used on this device was an EE number. I have called them like 100 times( if I do not exaggerate) yet they keep standing on their words that the device is locked to vodafone(such a messy situation yeah?) I equally called Vodafone, Vodafone team said they do not have a record of such on their system. The device is an IPHONE 7, the latest I called was Apple  directly and Apple Team advised to call Vodafone and send an email to them because what they also could see is that the device is indeed locked to Vodafone via iTunes. And no sim can be used on the device except Vodafone unlocks it. Been on it for quite some time now.

anyone else's going through the same situation? An advice can be of help.

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nickiy  We'd advise you to return the phone to your local EE shop so they can investigate this.

Please let us know how you get on :Thumbs_Up:

Nabs

Hi @Nickiy

Have you used an EE sim in the device before? 
If so, when did it stop working?

If you haven't used an EE sim before what was the first SIM the was used in the phone?

Hi @John & @ Nabs,

yes I used the EE SIM on it for more than 6months, and yes I bought it brand new from an EE IN STORE. Just got off the phone with the Technical Team from Apple and they indeed verify once again the device (iPhone7) is locked to Vodafone. I hope Vodafone technical team can see this instead of tossing me around like some ball. Really exhausted cause I do not have a smart phone to use at the moment.

Nabs

@Nickiy When did the issue start happening? 
Was it after a software update, repair or something similar?

Hi @Nabs, issue started when I traveld to Frnace from London and couldn't use another sim on my phone. I had to buy a smaller phone to navigate around, it's brand new so no repair nothing whatsoever has been done in the past on it.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nickiy Sorry if I missed this in one of you previous messages, but have you ever used a Vodafone SIM in this phone? If so, was this before you tried to use it in conjunction wiith the EE SIM?