Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone 575 unable to receive email

Lulu884
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have recently purchased a Vodaphone 575 but I have been unable to receive emails. My email provider is BT. I can send but not receive. Could you offer any help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

OK, this is a blindingly obvious question, but are you using the same settings on this phoen as you are elsewhere?  If not, can you copy them across (manual setup)?  Also, have you checked the recommeded settings on the BT website?  If they don't list specific ones, the details will be the same as for MS Outlook generally.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lulu884,

When you go into your email icon on the phone, do you get any error messages when you try to retrieve your emails manually?

Are you able to access the internet away from Wi-Fi?

If you delete the email account from the phone and set it back up, do you still get the same issue?

Do you have another email account that you could add to the phone to see if it’s just a problem with the BT address?

James

the phone seems to constantly show the message of refreshing unfinished. I am wondering if the settings are correct for incoming mail that set manually on the phone??

I have deleted and reset several times.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the email address as I use this address all the time on my laptop and was also using it on a Nokia Lumia previously with no problems

When I purchased this phone from your store the sales assistant did say that they have problems setting up BT mail but thought they had set mine up ok??? Are you able to check what the problems are that they mentioned please

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lulu884

I would recommend trying to set up a different email account, just so we can rule out an issue with the BT mail.

Does everything else work ok? Are you able to access the internet and send MMS?

Thanks

Sukhi 

There is no issue with the BT mail as I am using it and also used on my other other phone .

Yes I do have internet on this phone.

Are you able to check the settings as I suggested earlier?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lulu884, 

I'm not sure what issue the store are referring to. It's not something we've heard about I'm afraid. 

Take a look at this video which will take you through the email setup. 

Thanks, 

Kay

hrym

OK, this is a blindingly obvious question, but are you using the same settings on this phoen as you are elsewhere?  If not, can you copy them across (manual setup)?  Also, have you checked the recommeded settings on the BT website?  If they don't list specific ones, the details will be the same as for MS Outlook generally.

Yes I did go onto BT website and got the settings from there. It is has since been working