Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

YOUTUBE APPLICATION ON BLACKBERRY Q10

JamesL
4: Newbie

To the Vodafone Tech Team or anyone else who can help

This morning I received an invite asking me to update or upgrade the operating system or software on my BlackBerry Q10 so I said to myself why not it is due one but looking back I wish I had just ignored the message because try as I might I can not get any videos to play at all on the Youtube application on my BlackBerry Q10 phone (I just get error messages) all when they did before so if  there is nobody that replies to the post of mine with any kind of answer that I could do to fix this I do not know what else to do short of hoping and praying it is only a temporary problem or possibly think about getting a new phone because I use youtube quite a lot and do not like the idea that now is a think of the past at least with my phone.

JamesL 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Are you aware of what the update you accepted was ?

May I ask if you have checked your app updates to see if one is awaiting for the YouTube App ?

Sometimes Clearing App Caches, deleting and re downloading the App can help. 

Sometimes their is a way to send a bug report to the developer of the app. 

Are you able to play videos if you circumvent the app and access YouTube via your browsers URL box ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

JamesL
4: Newbie

Thanks Lee 

For your quick reply and I am going to have to stop thinking the worst all the time because I tried it again just after I sent my previous post and it was back to normal so whatever was wrong it must just have been a temporary glitch which both pleased and surprised me as I was expecting permanence,

JamesL     

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Sometimes after an update it can take apps a while to work / catch up or update in the background etc. 

Glad to hear it's back to normal. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks Again Lee

For your quick reply and although you have not said much you have said enough to put my mind at ease because I assumed that all apps would update along with the operating system at the same time I had not idea that it might take them some time to catch up and because I did not know that I was expecting the worst as usual and as a result was thinking of getting a new phone when I did not want to so thanks again for your advice as I will know now not to worry about this if and when it ever happens again.

JamesL   

jeffkinn

Apps and operating systems are completely separate. Apps are produced by independent developers. The operating system by the phone manufacturer.

It is very common for an operating system upgrade to render apps useless until the developers catch up.

This is likely to happen with Blackberry as this is now a minor player on the smartphone stage.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png