Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

alcatel ot 2010G cant use internet on diffrent network provider

scotte
2: Seeker
Hi i recently got a alcatel ot 2010G and i have network unlocked it from vodafone to virgin now i cant surf the Internet because the opera mini is powered by vodafone app i have the correct virgin network settings for internet but i cant use that app and theres no over app to use internet with any help on this would be good help thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Can you double-check that the Virgin APN settings are properaly installed and set as default?   Also, delete the Vodafone ones if you can.  I'm not sure what you mean by Opera Mini being powered by the Vodafone app.  Any app that connects to the internet should do so via the default APN settings and not be linked to any particular one.  Do any other apps connect correctly?

You could also try a factory reset on the phone to see if that clears out anything that's got itself confused in the switch-over.  Don't forget to back up your content first.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

Can you double-check that the Virgin APN settings are properaly installed and set as default?   Also, delete the Vodafone ones if you can.  I'm not sure what you mean by Opera Mini being powered by the Vodafone app.  Any app that connects to the internet should do so via the default APN settings and not be linked to any particular one.  Do any other apps connect correctly?

You could also try a factory reset on the phone to see if that clears out anything that's got itself confused in the switch-over.  Don't forget to back up your content first.

scotte
Fair enuff and yes the facebook app works fine and stuff just not the opera mini it loads up but says it fails to connet to internet and when i do use the opera min and when app loads is says pwered by vodafone lol think it just says that with it being a vodafone device

scotte
Sorted thanks

hrym
Excellent. It sounds as if Opera was pre-installed, hence the branding. If that's annoying, you may be able to uninstall and re-download. Might be safer to leave well alone though 😉