Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone from eBay - Unlocking

Emmy1305
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've just bought an iPhone 6s from eBay, however the seller has just messaged me saying that they are waiting for Vodafone to send the NUC code. I kind of need the phone soon though, and the seller has asked if I would prefer for them to send the phone to me before they receive the NUC, or to wait until they have received it.

As I need the phone soon, I wanted to ask that if I had the phone, and the seller messaged me the NUC after it has been emailed to them, can I still unlock the phone even though it was not originally registered in my name?

(Also, their contract has expired and they have got an upgrade, hence why this phone was being sold)

2 REPLIES 2

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Emmy1305 there is no unlock code with iPhones, Vodafone send the request to Apple and they unlock the phone remotely, it can take up to 30 days for that to happen. Trying a non Vodafone sim in the phone will test if it's unlocked.

Another way is for you to use a Vodafone Payg sim in the phone for 30 days making some calls or sending texts. You can then use the NUC form to request the unlock.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Emmy1305

It does not matter that their contract has expired or they’ve upgraded as long as your not caught up in an insurance fraud claim because then the iPhone would be imei blocked and rendered useless.  

Some help links.

>Unlock-code-request.

How-do-I-unlock-my-Vodafone-device-if-I-m-not-a-Vodafone-customer.

This is the advice I always personally give when it’s concerning unlocking an iPhone. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. (Check Spam Inboxes too)
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.