Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

irrational battery behaviour

allanoptical
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Vodafone/Lenovo Smart Tab II

At present the battery and charger are behaving irrationaly.

I have tried several chargers and leads and also reset the operating system to the factory default.

At present my battery refuses to charge, for example after 2 hours connected to the charger the battery state went from 9% to 7%. When left for 4 hours it went from 7% to 14%

This is of course making the tabelt useless

Can anyhting be done about this

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like the battery needs to be replaced. You can arrange a repair by calling 191 from your handset or by taking the device into your local Vodafone Store. 

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

I agre with drey_p.  Have you allowed the battery to go flat?  This is bad news for lithium-based cells and will considerably shorten their life.   They have no memory effect and it's actually much better to keep them topped up.

Thanks for replies, I had supected this might be the case.

In general I try to avoid the battery getting very low and usually put the device on rechargewhen the inducator looks to be less than about 1/3 full. In about 18 months use only got 4 or 5 warnings from the device to recharge so I think I have been treating the battery correctly.

hrym

It certainly sounds as though you have.  As long as you switched off and recharged as soon as you got the warning, you should be fine.