Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

link software and sync times

stirlings
2: Seeker

have tried to sync my music from i tunes to my Z10 ,after 20 minutes waiting i gave up.

reloaded the link software which throws fails to laod half way through and shows a missing msi file and error codes 1706 and 1723.

Just spent 2 hours on the phone to blackberry who tell me that 50 minutes to sync 525 songs is normal ?

and dont worry about the error codes on the software install?

if it takes my wife 3 minutes to sync her iphone 4

surely 50 minutes to sync a Z10 cant be normal?

4 REPLIES 4

KatSkeldon
4: Newbie

The syncing is incredibly slow on BlackBerry Link. I did a backup, security wipe and started to restore everything.... I had to leave it overnight as it was taking so long!!

Sounds about right to me with the latest incarnation of the desktop software.

If you have an SD Card slot it might be easier to use an adaptor and get everything on the card via mass-storage rather than the desktop software. Also can do it straight onto the phone. It is slow but shouldn't be as slow as going via the software!!

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Depending on how much your music is, the first time on any device of will take longer. My 60GB iPod took about 2 hours to sync the first time as I had 50GB of music.

I did just added about 2GB of music/pictures to test the time on the Z10 and that took about 4 minutes.

Any subsequent sync after initial sync should not take more than 4-5 minutes.

It took 50 minutes to transfer 4gb of music which blackberry thought was normal!!

bby_jp

Hi,

Not just backing up media but even simply synchronising calendar and contacts locally is soooo painful.  Connect via USB, go get coffee, watch a film, come back and watch the bar still a getting status information.

by the time it is at sync preview  the day is done and the calendar is out of date and needs to be resynced again