Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nightmare getting unlock code

zaz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

terrible time getting an unlock code. Similar experience to others. thirty days and counting. Bounced around from phone support to email exchanges with NUC team. Even tried Samsung. Nothing works!!!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @zaz

With you mentioning 30 days is that because your not originally a Vodafone customer and have picked up a Vodafone Uk Payg Sim Card and have used it to make calls, send texts , use data to latch the phones imei number to the new Payg account to unlock it ?

or are you an existing customer that’s been waiting for 30 days+ waiting for a code ?

What have Vodafone Customer Services advised ?

What has the Nuc Department advised ?

As this is concerning a network locked phone Samsung wouldn’t be able to help as you’ve found out I’m afraid. 

Sometimes issues arise with unlocking when a phone hasn’t been used on the Network for a period of time so it’s details can drop off Vodafone’s systems or a phone has been replaced by an insurance company or manufacturer. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can so please be patient for them to reach your thread. 

Just one more question. - has Vodafone emailed you to confirm acceptance to unlock the phone yet ? Check spam email inboxes too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply. I have a business contract account for over 20 years. No it is not a pay as you go. I have sent all requested info to the unlock team via their direct email address. No responses other than unlock emails with NO code in them. 

BandOfBrothers

You’re more than welcome. 

I’m aware delays can occur if Vodafone have to contact the manufacturer if they do not have the unlock code on file but 30 days is excessive. 

The Vodafone Team here I believe have limited access to Business Accounts but I’m sure they’ll want to try and help. If they bring you in via Private Message be clear on your reply in regards to the contract type so they can direct this to the relevant department. 

One last resort could be to pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card - use it for 30 days making calls etc - then use those new details to request the unlock - something you shouldn’t have to do and I hope they sort this out but I’d thought it best just to mention it as a viable avenue you could utilise. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@zaz I've responded to you on a previous thread. Please follow the advice provided :Smiling: