Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nuc code problem

emcj
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I requested an NUC using the online form, and received an email with a code, saying I'm nearly there, but to contact my relevant customer support team for next steps. Every time I have called, I've been told there is no unlock request logged, but that all I should have to do is put in a sim from a different network and turn the phone on. I have also tried logging into itunes but nothing I do seems to work, it still says 'SIM not supported'. Please can you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @emcj

As per tbe info on tbe unlocking page have you fulfilled the criteria for unlocking ?

Was the iPhone supplied by Vodafone  ?

Has the iPhone ever been replaced by Apple or an Insurance company ?

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database so im unsure on what type of code has been sent !

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage. Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar.

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @emcj

As per tbe info on tbe unlocking page have you fulfilled the criteria for unlocking ?

Was the iPhone supplied by Vodafone  ?

Has the iPhone ever been replaced by Apple or an Insurance company ?

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database so im unsure on what type of code has been sent !

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage. Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar.

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Hi @BandOfBrothers,

Thank you for replying. It does fulfil the criteria - as far as I can tell. I had a contract with Vodafone for 2 years, and never had the phone replaced. I wasn't entirely sure whether the code on the email was an NUC code, but was advised by Vodafone customer support that it was.

I will continue to swap the SIM in the hope it unlocks over the next couple of weeks. Thank you again for your help.

BandOfBrothers

You’re welcome @emcj

If your unlocking isn’t successful after 30 days then you can contact Customer Service by phone or Live Chat and they’ll either escalate this to the Nuc Department or can supply you with their email address. 

Current Phone  >

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emcj I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your iPhone. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please follow the instructions in the Private message I've sent you.