Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

please help

bibi94
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have iphone 4s locked vodafone, i buy it at local online shop in georgia, how i unlock it? I loss much money, time and energy , Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @bibi94

First can I ask is your iPhone locked to the Vodafone UK Network ?

There are other countries mobile networks that use the Vodafone name and logo but they are not linked. 

So if its locked to Vodafone Uk then you have a few options. 

1. Ask the online shop if they can arrange unlock or if they can ask the original owner if its a previously used iPhone to request its unlock. 

If this isnt an option then the only way to arrange unlocking is to actually use the iPhone on the Vodafone UK Network whilst in the UK. A person can use a payg Vodafone UK Sim card In it for 30 days making calls etc and then request its unlock. Unlocking is free.  There isnt a way around this.

Can you ship it to someone you know in the UK for them to do the above and then ship it back to you. Shipping costs would need to be weighed up.

If that isnt an option then you could look at a outlet on the street that advertises that they unlock iPhone's and ask them. I would not recommend using an online unlocking site. 

Or you could see if you can return it to the place you bought it from or if their T&C's dont allow this then try to sell it on to accrue funds to buy one that works on your network. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Hi @bibi94

First can I ask is your iPhone locked to the Vodafone UK Network ?

There are other countries mobile networks that use the Vodafone name and logo but they are not linked. 

So if its locked to Vodafone Uk then you have a few options. 

1. Ask the online shop if they can arrange unlock or if they can ask the original owner if its a previously used iPhone to request its unlock. 

If this isnt an option then the only way to arrange unlocking is to actually use the iPhone on the Vodafone UK Network whilst in the UK. A person can use a payg Vodafone UK Sim card In it for 30 days making calls etc and then request its unlock. Unlocking is free.  There isnt a way around this.

Can you ship it to someone you know in the UK for them to do the above and then ship it back to you. Shipping costs would need to be weighed up.

If that isnt an option then you could look at a outlet on the street that advertises that they unlock iPhone's and ask them. I would not recommend using an online unlocking site. 

Or you could see if you can return it to the place you bought it from or if their T&C's dont allow this then try to sell it on to accrue funds to buy one that works on your network. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @bibi94

If the phone is locked to Vodafone UK, it surprises me how a local online site in Georgia managed to get hold of the phone and advertise the phone for sale.  Only hope they have not taken your money for a stolen phone.

You would be better off returning the phone and demanding the return of your money.  If they won't return your money, you need to put it down to experience and only purchase from a reputable site.