cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

since buying new vodaphone smart prime 6unable to send some text - to short numbers eg 40127

KT31
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi ,

I recently purchased a vodaphone smart prime 6. Since then I am unable to send texts to short numbers eg 40127 to check my message center number, 27822 to collect rewards or numbers to enter competitions.

I have been on web chats 3 times and been told to update my message center number but have rung the numbers provided and received an error and cannot  find details of howw to do this on my phone. I can send texts to other phones ok and have no BARS set on my account.  I put my sim back in my old phone and it works fine so it is not my SIM. Can anyone help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have now resolved this problem. Under the apps setting I chose messenger and this took me to a screen with the option to stop premium rate texts. I removed the tick from the box and am now able to send the texts I wanted to,

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

I have now resolved this problem. Under the apps setting I chose messenger and this took me to a screen with the option to stop premium rate texts. I removed the tick from the box and am now able to send the texts I wanted to,

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Ach! Should have thought of that! A lot of new phones will come with an on-board list of numbers and number types that might be premium rate, and they will automatically block such numbers if "block premium rate texts" is ticked. Some of the numbers blocked will actually be free, but they are caught by the safety precaution.

Unticking the option will enable texts to short code numbers, including those for checking when the next bus is due at your stop, for paying carpark charges, and for making charitable donations via JustTextGiving. But you do have to be alert for some of the scams involving replies to seriously expensive premium rate numbers - if you don't recognise an incoming text as genuine, just ignore it and delete it asap. Don't respond with a STOP message, as it just informs the scammer that they've found a genuine and active number.