Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

subsidy code for old phone

fergusparkinson
1: Seeker

found my mums old motorola simba from around ten years ago and wan to get into the phone to either use it or get the old photos off it.  However, it requires a subsidy code to enter when I put my own sim in (I'm currently with virgin media), and the phone is (i think) locked to vodafone as that's the symbol that appears when the phone powers on.  I have read vodafones instructions about filling out a form to gain and NUC, and all the other articles around this topic, however I cannot fill out any forms as the phone hasnt been used for years, and I am not a vodafone customer.  Can i get a subsidy code for this phone, even though I dont know the old phone number?  If so then how?

2 REPLIES 2

redpages
17: Community Champion

If it's Vodafone locked then I'd imagine you could purchase a cheap Pay as you Go SIM from Vodafone, put it in the phone to see if it works (or try a Vodafone SIM from someone you know on their network).

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

BandOfBrothers

Hi @fergusparkinson

This may help > How-do-I-unlock-my-Vodafone-device-if-I-m-not-a-Vodafone-customer.

A Highstreet Store that advertises unlocking may help but I wouldn’t suggest using an online unlocking solutions site.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.