cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

told my vodafone is unlocked already however it is not......

wakeyp88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I am still waiting for Vodafone to unlock my vodafone iphone6 mobile. I have today received an automatic response from Vodafone saying my mobile is already unlocked however I have tried to put in my new 3 sim card and it's saying it's not compatible with the phone, this after speaking to 3 is due to my phone still being locked by vodafone. 

How does does it take to get my vodafone iphone unlocked and why have i received an email to say it's already unlocked if it's not? 

The email vodafone sent me said i have previously requested for the phone to be unlocked but this is the first time i've asked for them to unlock it. I've been with vodafone for 1 year and had the same phone from the start of my contract and now moving to 3.  I need the NUC code in order to be able to put in my new 3 sim card.  Why are vodafone saying it's unlocked if it's not? How can I get this resolved quickly? I am paying for a new sim card that I can't use 
3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @wakeyp88

Have you tried synchronising to itunes with the 3 SIM ?  There is no unlock code for an Apple product.

If the unlock request has been sent by Vodafone to Apple, although it should only be necessary to put the alternative network SIM in the phone, this is sometimes needed to complete the unlocking, you will then see a message on the screen to let you know the phone has been unlocked.  If you don't see any message, it's just a matter of keep trying, and playing the waiting game for Apple to complete the unlock.

BandOfBrothers

@wakeyp88

The email sent via Vodafone can be a tad confusing !

Process is....

You request the Unlock to Vodafone. 

Vodafone authorise Apple to release the iPhone. 

Vodafone email you to confirm they have requested unlock. (The one they’ve sent)

You then need to insert the activated non Vodafone sim in periodically until you see the congratulations type message. With your iPhone model there’s no need to hook up to iTunes or restore it. 

It can occasionally take Apple up to 30 days to complete the unlock. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wakeyp88 Please let us know if you need any further assistance after following @AnnS' advice and we'll be happy to look into this further :Smiling: