Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlock iphone

maqsood_yasin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear iphone unlocking team!

Hi I bought an Iphone 8, gold, 256gb from Cex (second hand shop) which is locked to Vodafone. I have been with vodafone for at least 10 years now and I inserted my vodafone sim into the iphone 8 without issues. I wanted to unlock my handset and in my infinate wisdom rather than asking vodafone directly I paid just under £10 to a company on ebay to help unlock my phone. The date i did this was 26/11/17. Moving forward to the 13th of January 2018. I've heard nothing from the company on ebay with regards to unlocking my phone. I then ask for a refund which is granted. On the 13/01/18 I filled in an online form on the vodafone web page asking for an unlock code. On the 14/1/18,  I receive an email back from vodafone.com to say the following: 

"Hello,

You recently asked us to unlock your phone so you can use it on another network. However our records show we have already unlocked it.

What you need to do next

If you’ve filled in the form more than once we should have replied to your first request.  This would have been to the email address you gave us on the form, we recommend checking your junk or spam folders.  If you can’t find the email please get in touch.

I haven't received an email from vodafone with regards to unlocking my phone and I really would like to get my phone unlocked. I can't find this email anywhere and in case it was sent to the company on ebay. Well i can't see myself getting that email now to unlock my phone. I've even phoned Vodafone and spoken to a girl called Siobhan but even she hasn't received a response from yourselves.

Please, please can you help to unlock my iphone 8?

thanks

Maqsood

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sometimes inserting an active alternative network sim card and hooking up to iTunes just to see if the unlock clears helps. 

Last time I heard CEX can arrange unlocking too.

Unlocking using a pay monthly account has to be done after x3 payments have been made. 

Or insert a payg sim card and use it making calls etc and then use the new Payg details to request its unlock.

Im sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an online site. IPhone's are notoriously hard to unlock. 

If you get stuck ask customer service on 191 for the Nuc Unlocking Department email address so you can liaise directly with them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi and thanks for youe advice.

If I ask CEX then they would charge for the service. Hence the reason i'm asking vodafone , the service should be free?  As i've been with Vodafone for over 10 years i would have thought that this situation would have been easy to resolve. But i was mistaken! I wrote an email to NUC dept and to be honest their automated email is frustrating at best. Because it asks that you fill out the form. Which i have and the response i got was that shown in my message (copied and pasted from the email from vodafone). I am a pay monthly business customer and i've used the iphone for at least 30 days. So what is so diffcult for NUC dept to send me an email with the unlock code??

What really annoys me is that you physically cannot speak to someone from the NUC dept to explain the situation.  I did get a response today, to an email i wrote on Sunday, only to say that i was required to fill out a form with the imei number!

I feel as though i'm going around in circles with the NUC dept.

Dear iphone unlocking team!

Hi I bought an Iphone 8, gold, 256gb from Cex (second hand shop) which is locked to Vodafone. I have been with vodafone for at least 10 years now and I inserted my vodafone sim into the iphone 8 without issues. I wanted to unlock my handset and in my infinate wisdom rather than asking vodafone directly I paid just under £10 to a company on ebay to help unlock my phone. The date i did this was 26/11/17. Moving forward to the 13th of January 2018 (I have been using my vodafone sim in the phone for at least 30 days by now). I've heard nothing from the company on ebay with regards to unlocking my phone. I then ask for a refund which is granted. On the 13/01/18 I filled in an online form on the vodafone web page asking for an unlock code. On the 14/1/18,  I receive an email back from vodafone.com to say the following: 

"Hello,

You recently asked us to unlock your phone so you can use it on another network. However our records show we have already unlocked it.

What you need to do next

If you’ve filled in the form more than once we should have replied to your first request.  This would have been to the email address you gave us on the form, we recommend checking your junk or spam folders.  If you can’t find the email please get in touch.

I haven't received an email from vodafone with regards to unlocking my phone and I really would like to get my phone unlocked. I can't find this email anywhere and in case it was sent to the company on ebay. Well i can't see myself getting that email now to unlock my phone. I've even phoned Vodafone and spoken to a girl called Siobhan but even she hasn't received a response from yourselves. I have tried inserting an O2 card into the phone and then plugging it into itunes but i get a message saying "invalid sim." So can someone explain why an email from Vodafone suggests the phone is unlocked when the sim in the phone and on itunes says the sim is invalid?

As a side note i've been with Vodafone for at least 10 years as a "small business" customer. 

Please, please can you help to unlock my iphone 8?

thanks

Maqsood

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@maqsood_yasin We'll be more than happy to take a look into this for you 😊 Sorry that you've been having so much trouble getting your iPhone unlocked.

I've popped a private message with details on how to get in touch over to you. Once you've completed the form, a member of our team will be in touch.