Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone smartmini

Jadestenton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have a Vodafone smartphone but there are problems for example I have to charge it 2/3 times a day and when is on charge it doesn't charge properly it takes a 1 hour to start charging please help
2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The slow start to charging suggests the battery is flat when you plug in.   It's bad practice to allow a lithium battery to go completely flat as it will shorten the life considerably.

The fact that you're charging so frequently doesn't sound right, though it would depend on usage.

1. Does the display switch off when you're not using the phone?

2. Do you have a decent mobile signal? Poor reception will cause the device to boost the radio and this really eats battery.

3. Are things like wifi, bluetooth and gps off when not in use?

4. If there's a battery-saving option, do you haev this turned on?

5. Do you have any apps that are updating more often than they should? Email, weather, news and Facebook are often culprits in this area.

You could also try a factory reset (back up your content) in case there's a process that's got out of control, but I'd use that as a last resort rather than a first, tbh.

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

are you charging it off the charger you got with the phone or another Micro USB charger?

I've noticed if I use an old samsung charger I can just about get through the day from 100% to 15% on a charge. 

try turning off GPS and mobile data if you are not using them often and set the brightness down to low or automatic to see if ithelps also. 

May I ask you one more thing. when you put the phone into vibrate mode does it beep at all? (as weird as it sounds it happens on mine) 

Paul. 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.