cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

1020 can receive texts but not send them???

Normal4Norfolk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey Guys

My 1020 has been good as gold until today when for some reason it's stopped sending texts.  I still receive them OK (although no audible alerts like normal) and can make and receive phone calls with no issues at all.

Any ideas? I've searched on here and Google etc for help but nothing matches up.

I'm not local to a Vodafone shop (30 miles plus at the moment) so really need a fix via the net (using my laptop as we have no 3G here let alone 4G!!!! :smileyhappy:  )

Thanks all 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MobileNinja
13: Advanced Member
Are you having problems sending texts to just one number or multiple numbers?

If it's just one number, it's probably something to do with the network that's receiving the text.

If it's every number, try refreshing your network settings by doing a manual network roam in your network settings. You can also refresh the network by switching the phone to airplane mode for a few minutes.

Finally, check your message centre number is correct. You can see how to do this if you use the device support section on the website and finding your phone.

If I've helped you, please click Thanks

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

MobileNinja
Are you having problems sending texts to just one number or multiple numbers?

If it's just one number, it's probably something to do with the network that's receiving the text.

If it's every number, try refreshing your network settings by doing a manual network roam in your network settings. You can also refresh the network by switching the phone to airplane mode for a few minutes.

Finally, check your message centre number is correct. You can see how to do this if you use the device support section on the website and finding your phone.

Network refresh sorted it.  Thanks :smileyhappy:

MobileNinja
Awesome :Smiling: