Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry Internet service

IrishGirl
2: Seeker

Why has Vodafone apparently disconnected my connection to the BlackBerry Internet Server? This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was in February 2020 when I moved to a new plan. When I was moved, the BIS was not available on that plan. Eventually, I was moved back to my old plan and had access to BIS again - but only after spending hours on the phone and having to visit a Vodafone store. The problem has recurred (1 April 2021), but this time I have not had a new plan (as far as I know). But my BlackBerry is not receiving or sending emails and is showing as 'Not Connected' to the BlackBerry Internet Server or to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. But it was connected yesterday... What changed overnight? (I have already done a 'hard re-set', so that is not the problem.)

3 REPLIES 3

IrishGirl

Thank you for the link. It dates back to 2019 so does not apply for now, but I see why you drew it to my attention. If Vodafone is no longer to offer BIS, it needs to let its customers know well beforehand so that people can source a new phone. It cannot stop supplying the service overnight with no information having been provided to BIS users.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IrishGirl! As far as I'm aware Blackberry Enterprise Service is still something we offer our business customers, please click here for more information. We're unable to discuss accounts in detail over the forum. I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team so they can check your account with you 

Thank you for this idea. I can see how it might work, even though it might be a clunky way to access my emails. I tried it just now, but I get the message: "Unable to connect using the current security settings. Please contact your service provider." But I might talk to Vodafone for a third time, now with this idea as a work-around. Thank you again.