Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry email problems

Wizzkitt
4: Newbie

Odd one this. I stopped being able to receive or send emails on my Blackberry 9900 (yes I know it's ancient!) about a week ago. Internet, calls and texts still work. It wouldn't allow me to set up email, saying it couldn't connect to server. Thinking it was a hardware problem, I dug out another unlocked 9900 and set it up, to find that it required Blackberry Enterprise activation. Without that I can't set up my email accounts. (I don't know the history of this phone and have no Enterprise password). A factory wipe didn't help.

So in the end I thought I would do a factory reset on my original phone. It did indeed wipe but it too now requires a Blackberry Enterprise activation password. This phone has never been on Blackberry Enterprise. Anyone have any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wizzkitt 

Well I haven't seen an enquiry in connection to a BlackBerry in a while !

It's truly a shame the interest in them radically declined.

I would suggest to perform a search on the forum and if you haven't already conduct a Google Search.

There might be BlackBerry forums which hold advice too.

It's a bit of a minefield out there in regards to situations like yours.

I'm sorry I didn't have a cast iron solution for you but instead of copy and pasting sections of text from sites and links to sites I think you'd be best checking them out yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandofBrothers. I know I'm about the last person using a Blackberry but I still like it and the QWERTY keyboard and resisting making my Google Pixel my main phone.

I have already Googled and searched Blackberry forums - they still exist! - with no joy. The Blackberry Enterprise question made me wonder if it was a Vodafone server problem, hence asking here. As I say, my original phone has never been on Blackberry Enterprise, has worked just fine for years and yet suddenly won't send/receive email and now is asking for a Blackberry Enterprise activation...

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Wizzkitt 

When I searched I did see some return results in regards to Blackberry enterprise.

I wish you all the best with your quest.

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Checking my emails (sadly not on my phone!) I realise that this problem started just about the time I had an email from Vodafone saying 'Welcome to your new plan'... Coincidence?!

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Wizzkitt A lot of what you've said so far points towards a possible Hardware/Software issue with the phone, but we'll be happy to go over some troubleshooting our end instead. Please can you drop us your details over securely, you can find out on how to Here

jeffkinn

It's been a while since I had a Blackberry (I was one of the few people who liked the Blackberry Storm!) and your 9900 Bold needs the BIS internet service. Is the 3/4G symbol in upper or lower case? Id lower case the BIS service isn't active and that's the source of your problem. Make sure BIS is active (as opposed to BES which is the enterprise solution)

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yes, 3G is in capitals as it should be...

@Josh wrote:

@Wizzkitt A lot of what you've said so far points towards a possible Hardware/Software issue with the phone, but we'll be happy to go over some troubleshooting our end instead. Please can you drop us your details over securely, you can find out on how to Here

@Josh, will do although I have already had both a long online chat and a discussion with an advisor on 191, neither of which helped. Bottom line is the phone worked just fine before my plan was changed on 9th April. Now it doesn't.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Wizzkitt, the link @Josh has provided will put you in touch with our team from here. As we're unable to take account details through the Community, we use Facebook or Twitter so we can take this information securely. Once we have your message we'll be able to take a closer look into what may be causing these issues with your phone for you. By including your Community username and a link to your post, we'll be able to pick up your message and read what you've written on the thread here. It means you then won't need to repeat your query again.