Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Camera focus: Nokia 930

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi All.

The Nokia 930 is an amazing phone with lots of standout features. One of the most prominent is it's excellent camera which incorporates a 20-Megapixel sensor within a Carl Zeiss Lens.

While we are naturally excited by this excellent camera, we thought we'd get someone who knows a little bit more about photography to put it through the wringer. So we lent a Nokia 930 to forum regular @thesoupdragon to get his opinions on it.

The full interview can be found on the Vodafone social blog here. Read it for some tips and tricks on how to get the most from your phones camera.

If you have any other questions about the camera on the 930 then let us know here. I'm sure @thesoupdragon has a lot more knowledge to share on getting fantastic pictures from the 930.

6 REPLIES 6

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

I still have the 930 with me for a while, so if anyone has any questions or needs help with something, or just wants to share a Camera experience, please feel free to do so!

If you have any tips of your own, it would be awesome to hear about them!

Edit:

It would be fantastic to see some Photos shared here, with a brief explanation of how you took them!

Wink.gif

63johnw

Hi TSD, do you know how to use the Auto Selfie feature on the Lumia 930 lumia selfie app?

Thanks.

thesoupdragon

Hi John,

That's a great Question! :smileywink:

On my Lumia 930 the App is called "Nokia Glam Me", I've not updated yet, I think they've renamed it to the "Lumia Selfie" that you mention.

1. Open the App (Glam Me or Lumia Selfie)
  2. Tap on the Selfie icon (looks like a person in front of a camera)
  3. Turn the Phone around so the "Main Camera" (on the back) is facing you.
  4. Hold the Phone still while you look into the Camera Lens. After a couple of seconds you will hear audible beeps
  5. Move the Phone around slowly until the beeps become one continuous loud tone (Like reversing beeps on a car)
  6. Keeps still and smile, the Photo will be taken with an audible camera shutter sound. The advantage is, you are using a 20MP camera for your Selfie!

Lumia Selfie App Download

Hope that helps John?

TSD.

Wink.gif

63johnw
Thanks that's great TSD, I wasn't sure weather the tone needed to be continuous or no tone but you cleared that up.

thesoupdragon

No problem John, glad to help!

So are we going to see some awesome selfie shots now? :smileyvery-happy:

Don't forget to share any tips you might have? :smileywink:

63johnw
Depends! Benidorm this week may create a few! 😉