cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't connect to internet by WAP or Internet, only Wifi - help!

pink82
4: Newbie

Hey all,

This afternoon I received an MMS and it wouldn't come through, so I changed the settings of my MMS APN.  I think I changed the Proxy bit and entered an IP address; all was fine and my MMS came through, happy days!

Since then however, I have been unable to connect to the internet by my Contract WAP or Internet settings!  I've tried all sorts, and called Vodafone where I was advised to pull out the battery and SIM card etc.  Still no luck.  The lady on the phone then sent me settings by text, didn't work.  I've been emailed the settings, and opened the PDF to read that the settings are preset and cannot be changed - WTF?  What was the point in even sending me the document?!  Also, since she sent me the WAP settings I have now lost my MMS settings - argh!!! :smileymad:

Anyway, wifi is fine.  I just need to know what is missing from my WAP and Internet APNs so that I can get back on the internet when not connected to wifi.

They are as follows:

Contract WAP -

Packet Data

Access Point Name: wap.vodafone.co.uk

User name: wap

Password: wap

Prompt password: Unchecked

Use Proxy: Unchecked

IP Addresses: Auto-retrieve

DNS: Auto-retrieve

Vodafone Internet -

Packet Data

Access Point Name: internet

User name: web

Password: web

Prompt password: Unchecked

Use Proxy: Unchecked

IP Addresses: Auto-retrieve

DNS: Auto-retrieve

Is there something wrong with my settings, or is it network related maybe?  Please help coz it's driving me mad!  Thanks :smileyhappy:

13 REPLIES 13

I am indeed! :Laughing_Face:  Much as I love my N900 and WILL be sad to see it go, I got fed up of messing around with settings all the time (fMMS is a temperamental so-and-so!) and a lack of apps, i've made the change and I have my new iPhone today!

It's taking a while to figure out the whole iTunes nonsense, but I'm getting there and it's a fab little phone so far!  I will let you know about the network issues when I'm back in that building on Thursday.  Good luck with finding your answers :Smiling:

Shame you haven't kept the N900. If I upgrade next year I certainly will, just love tinkering with it. In that respect I think the N900 is unparalleled, and I've got my N95-8GB to fall back on as a trade in if I do upgrade. Not sure what's going to be on offer by then, but if MeeGo turns out to be just as versatile and usable as Maemo 5, then I think the N900 would make an excellent companion device.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Once in a while I drift in time. To a place in my memory where it still hurts to find
I was takin' on the World with a see through smile. But dyin' on the inside all the while
I was dyin' on the inside all the while.

JayneRouth
1: Seeker
My sim will not let me have internet when I'm out of the house. I have got a sim which I pay monthly for but all the time I've had it I have had no internet so never used any of my paid usage.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Do you have the correct access points installed?  In the first instance, text WEB to 40127.  You should get a message saying the settings will be sent to you and they'll probably arrive and install silently.  If that doesn't solve your problem, it would be worth dropping into a Vodafone shop and asking them to have a look.  If they can't get the phone going either, they'll be able to organise a repair for you.