Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Community Champions first impressions of the 930

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi

The Nokia 930 is certainly a different and standout phone. From it’s brightly coloured back to the eye catching windows display. If you're looking for something a little different then this could be the phone for you.

Our very own community champions have had the opportunity to get some hands on time with the 930. The Vodafone Social Blog got in touch with a couple of them to get their first impressions. Read the full story here.

If you've any questions on the Nokia 930 then our Champions may very well be able to help you out. Is there anything you want to know about this new flagship phone?

6 REPLIES 6

richardmlane
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Last week I moved from iPhone 5 to Lumia 930.  Really liking the phone apart from the fact that it doesn't seem to want to receive calls.  After a week of backwards and forwards with Vodafone staff via 191, a new SIM and an exchanged handset I am in the same position.

Calls sometimes come through but mostly don't.  I am massively frustrated.  

This morning I identified what I believe is the issue.  When I change the 'Highest connection speed' in SIM settings to 3g calls come through fine.  When I put it (where it should be) on 4G calls don't come through.

Can someone please help me.  If I can't get this solved then I'll have to switch to EE.

Thanks,

Richard.

Hi richardmlane,

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can look at this for you please follow the troubleshooting guide here.

Thanks,

Laura

infinidim
4: Newbie
I have a 930 as well and have been very impressed with it so far with one exception, a couple of times it has got very very hot. I haven't been able to track down yet why this is happening. The only way I have managed to cool it down is by powering the phone down and starting it again. I did notice that both times that I had been shaking the phone a lot because I was dancing at the time - this might only be a coincidence.

Has anybody else had this issue with their 930? Moderators I am aware that there is a minor firmware update for this phone that solves this and the resume issue that is also on this phone, when will it be available from Vodafone IK?

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Vodafone won't comment on the availability of a firmware update. For more information, please see the FAQs below

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-services/Firmware/m-p/831995

PWIAC

infinidim
4: Newbie
I was aware of the issue on commenting but I am very interested if other people are having the same issue with the 930 getting very hot.

Infinidim 😎
Infinidim

@infinidim wrote:
I was aware of the issue on commenting but I am very interested if other people are having the same issue with the 930 getting very hot.

Infinidim 😎

I have now done further investigation into this issue and find that it is all variants of the Lumia 930 that potentially have this issue. I have created a separate topic in this forum which explains what I have looked into. I also believe that Microsoft are aware of this issue as well and maybe update 1 to Windows Phone 8.1 will address this issue.

I really don't have any confidence that Vodafone UK will issue update 1 in any timely manner.

If my phone gets damaged because of this then there is an audit trail on the Vodafone forum so Vodafone will ahve to replace the phone under warrantee.

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim