Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting Honor 10 lite phone to the internet

milco
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I own an Honor 10 lite phone. When I go through the procedure to connect it to Vodafone's internet service the first question it asks me is the make of my phone. Honor does not appear on the menu of options which Vodafone provides. I know that Honor is made by Huawei. Is there a Huawei equivalent model that I need to enter? 

Any advice on how to get past this stage?

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @milco 

You enter the same settings as Huawei, the APN will depend on if you are PAYG or pay monthly.

Text WEB to 40127, you will then receive a text to download the APN settings.

Hi Ann,

I followed the 25 steps in the 'set up your phone for the internet' menu, entering Huawei P10 lite as my phone instead of my Honor 10 lite (which doesn't appear anywhere on the menu), but still have no connection.

My APN settings are now:

Name: Vodafone Internet

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: [inputted correctly]

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

APN type: default

Authentication type: None

Any idea where I am going wrong? As soon as I go out of the house and am out of wi-fi range it all just goes disappointingly dead. 

I have finally sorted my data issue! I now finally have mobile data and can connect to the internet outside the house!

After a couple of extremely lengthy phone calls to Vodafone's Customer Service Centre (with Omar and Ahsley) it turns out that the problem was at Vodafone's end, not mine. I never quite got to hear what the problem was because on the last of a series of phone calls I hung up, having been kept waiting on hold for over ten minutes.

A short time later I received a text message from Vodafone asking me to turn my phone off and on again....and presto! Mobile data! 

I've no idea what the problem has been for the last three years, but I am glad it's now fixed. I suppose if I was being really churlish I should ask for a refund from Vodafone for three years of paying for something which I wasn't receiving, but I am just happy that may data from Vodafone finally works.

It's like a miracle. I still can't quite believe it!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm glad to hear this has been resolved for you @milco! That's great news 😀

I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing issues with your data for such a long time - this shouldn't be the case as with any issues we should always resolve this for you ASAP to minimise any inconvenience to you. 

If you've spoken with us regarding your data issues during this amount of time, we can use the notes on your account to investigate this and arrange for compensation. You can drop us a message on Social Media and we'll be happy to look into this side of things for you. 

Please include your Community username and the link to your thread here so you won't need to write out your query again 🙂 Please be sure to select 'Get Started' and 'Asked to DM' when reaching out to us. 

Hi Tash. Thanks for your reply. 

As far as the compensation issue is concerned my case isn't really that cut and dried. I never really followed up my data issue for a year or two. It was only when I started getting 'It's time to get connected' texts from Vodafone (who were obviously aware that I wasn't using their data service) about a year ago that I started fiddling around with my settings and following the prescribed steps to access mobile data. Needless to say, none of it worked and I was left feeling kind of nonplussed.

I only finally grasped the nettle and rang customer services last Friday and after three long phone calls and lots more fiddling that it became apparent that the problem was at Vodafone's end.

I've no idea what the issue was, but as soon as the data was switched on it was 'problem solved'. So in terms of compensation there is no particular audit trail to talk of.

Is that a case for compensation? Perhaps. I'm not sure, though.