Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FOUND MOBILE PHONE

melibu90
3: Seeker

Hello, a mobile phone with a vodaphone sim has been handed into my work (a pub) the phone is locked with a passcode so i can't see contacts to try and contact owner. If i give you the sim serial number would you be able to contact the owner somehow? 

Mel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi melibu90,

It's very good of you to reach out and let us know. I'm sure the owner of the phone will appreciate it too. :Smiling:

When your business allows you to take the phone off premises, please pop it into your local police station.

Without the mobile number of the phone in question, we'd be unable to contact the customer for you. I'm afraid we're also unable to search the SIM number as that would require secure account access.

You've done the right thing in keeping it charged, as this way any location services will be able to pin point it should there be anything like this set up. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Ben

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Your best bet would be to hand it in at a police station or voda store

Meanwhile if possible keep it charged up as the owner may use the find my phone app to locate it 

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

melibu90
I cannot take it from the lost and found in work as it isn't allowed...think they keep it for about a month so could ask after that. But have kept it charged hoping someone would ring etc as has a few missed calls. We had a phone call asking if we had it but it hadn't been handed in at that time and we received it later that day so doubt they will come looking for it!

grolschuk

I hope the vodafone staff will be able to help out from the sim number, and get in touch with the owner... although I could see a problem if they cannot see account details if data protection isn't passed.

They take 24-48 hours to get to new questions, so don't be surprised if an answer isn't forthcoming straight away.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Pity you don't have the number the enqjuiry came from!   If the phone's Pay As You Go and not registered, the serial number won't help of course.  Still worth a try, though.

And also, we ought to say thank you for all the trouble you're taking.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi melibu90,

It's very good of you to reach out and let us know. I'm sure the owner of the phone will appreciate it too. :Smiling:

When your business allows you to take the phone off premises, please pop it into your local police station.

Without the mobile number of the phone in question, we'd be unable to contact the customer for you. I'm afraid we're also unable to search the SIM number as that would require secure account access.

You've done the right thing in keeping it charged, as this way any location services will be able to pin point it should there be anything like this set up. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Ben