Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failure login to vodafone account due to java.lang.StackOverflowError

Wolfman999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Tried to access my Vodafone account today but cannot get past entering the security code.  Upon entering the code and submitting it, this error message pops up. ! java.lang.StackOverflowError   ADF_FACES-60097: Server Exception during PPR, #326 (see attached).  Having checked the forum this problem has been communicated to Vodafone nearly 2 months ago (16.09.2017) yet it would seem they have done nothing about it.  The problem imco is a serverside problem given it strikes no matter which browser one uses (IE or Firefox).  Does anybody know of a workaround or, better still know of a solution?

23 REPLIES 23

well thanks Annie this did the trick for me

ive screen printed your solution

3 cheers 

Been getting this message past few months and using the work around but now even that doesnt work.

Using the Vodafone website is never easy, there is always an issue.

All I want to do is give them some money!!!!

Just logged into my Vodafone account and not a Java Stack Overflow error in sight. 

Has this problem finally been solved?

Perhaps I might go and buy a lottery ticket

Hi TerryTzzz,

Prompted by your message I had a go at loggin in this morning at a time when one could be sure to run into the StackOverflow error.  To may amazement, smooth sailing. No pesky error at login (typically when submitting security code) or later at any of the submenus.  Also had the impression the look of the initial login screen (Login - Upgrade - Deals) was different.

Not sure if my repeated e-mails to the man Nick Jeffery himself had anything to do with it but if this is not a fluke or straw fire it definitely proves wrong all the Moderator nincompoops (such as Natasha or JohnJ) and their run-of-the-mill crib sheet suggestions of "clearing cache" or "the problem is account specific / related" hence "we need all your details so we can look into accounts on a case by case investigation" 8-(. 

Their ignorance of matters website design, e.g. frames in HTML 4.0 still being based on tables and Java script being used to create table / table references plumbs new depths yet unchartered.  Ditto Help line and Live Chat. Nobody there with enough brains or training to realise when their presrcipted crib sheets don't work anymore because they do not cover a particular problem and the call should be handed over to the professionals.

Rant over. Anyhow, it would seem we got there in the end.  Let's hope (and keep an eye on things) the fix is permanent.

Have you gone and bought a lottery ticket? 😉