Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy watch active 2

searley
4: Newbie

If I get the galaxy watch active 2 lte will I be able to have lte via the esim on vodaphone?

I assume it maybe possible a other galaxy watches are supported

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This would depend on the model of phone you're using @searley. If your phone's compatible, you can activate LTE by going to the Settings menu - then tap on the Connections selection. Scroll down to Mobile Networks - tap on it - tap on the Network Mode. You should then see LTE/4G selection.

moulsonp
4: Newbie

In short.  No. The Watch Active2 is not supported currently on Vodafone.  In fact, not even EE will give yout a watch plan for it unless you buy the device itself directly from EE. Have found this out the hard way. By buying a watch direct from Samsung which I can't get connected!

What the heck, that's crazy.

That's partly true. You can get OneNumber eSIM separately from Vodafone. I have had it with watch I bought elsewhere  - it worked fine. But when I tried to activate the Active2 it says that watch is not supported in my region. I am wondering if this is even legal for Samsung to restrict service this way. In the end the technical requirement is eSIM support, which Vodafone does.

revmarkn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As of today, this is now working on vodafone UK. I am able to connect to vodafone via the wearable app and set up the onenumber service (at £7pcm). My watch will now send and receive calls independently of my phone.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's Fantastic news @revmarkn I'm glad to hear we've got your watch connected 😊 It's good to hear we're helping you stay in touch with your family and friends, especially at this time of year 🎄