Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help please

catty4667
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

HI, I am having trouble with my internet and picture messaging on my phone, I have resent the settings and that has not worked, i have put them in manually and again it hasn't worked, i reset my phone to factory settings and resent the settings again and it still hasn't worked, my phone is a nokia asha 203. Please help. :smileysad:

14 REPLIES 14

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi

Two things need to work for internet and picture messaging to work on a phone. Firstly the correct settings need to be in the handset (which looks like it's the case). Secondly, your SIM card needs to be provisioned for internet and picture messaging.

It would be worth a quick call to 191 (or go to web chat on the contact us form) and ask them to make sure your SIM card is set up for internet (let them know you've already installed the settings to the phone yourself). 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

HI thank you, I have had internet on there before, but a while ago it was deactivated for non payment, all sorted now but since having my sim reactivated the internet hasn't worked at all. Since i have a phobia of talking over the phone to strangers would it be able to be sorted through any other means?

hrym

LiveChat, as suggested by RedPages are very good.   Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.   When you're navigating the menus, the options you need are "Looking for something else" and "Still can't find what you're looking for".  When you finally get to the Chat box, if it says "we're all busy", just leave the window open - it usually frees up pretty quickly.

If you don't want to do that either, post back here and the forum team will be able to help you.  When you speak to them, it'll be via email, so the conversation will be offline rather than live - if you see what I mean.

thank you, I did the llive chat this mornig and had someone who knew what to do and the internet on my phone now works but i still can't send or recieve picture messages. I have bought a Sony xperia z which i should have by tuesday, is it worth waiting until then to sort this out and hope that with a newer phone the problem may rectify itself?

hrym

No, it won't resolve itself.  It sounds as though MMS needs to be provisioned on your account.  It's normally off by default, I suspect to avoid people running up unexpected charges (MMS are not included in your text bundle).  Try asking LiveChat to set it up for you but, if they can't, or it doesn't work, post back here and the Tech Team should be able to do it.

If you're regularly sending pictures, it's worth considering another option, such as email, Whatsapp or Vodafone Message+

Thank you, it's all sorted now, it was already done but takes up to 24hours. Thanks again :smileylol:

Scratch that, been more than 24hours and have turned phone off and on and still cannot recieve or send picture messages :smileysad:

hrym

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhh!

Hang on for the forum team.  Looks like some behind-the-scenes tinkering is going to be necessary.

Tell me about it :Sad_face:

thanks, will be here all night if needed...