Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I change text message settings on a nokia 515

duffers28
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My new Nokia 515 will let me make and receive calls and receive texts but I can't seem to send texts.

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Hrumph.  That's an odd one.  I assume we're talking about plain SMS, not MMS?   It should just work out of the box.  I think I'd be inclined to go into a Vodafone shop and see if they can sort it.   There shouldn't be a setting for it, so it may be an account or a SIM issue.

Edited to add: actually, the only thing I can think of is that the phone isn't picking up the message centre number from the SIM.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

Hrumph.  That's an odd one.  I assume we're talking about plain SMS, not MMS?   It should just work out of the box.  I think I'd be inclined to go into a Vodafone shop and see if they can sort it.   There shouldn't be a setting for it, so it may be an account or a SIM issue.

Edited to add: actually, the only thing I can think of is that the phone isn't picking up the message centre number from the SIM.

Yes thanks for your response hrym, I have changed the message centre number now and it works!

hrym

Glad it's fixed, but scratching my head as to why it was wrong in the first place.  Unless you'd transferred from another network and it had the old setting?