main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other OS

How do I change text message settings on a nokia 515

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

My new Nokia 515 will let me make and receive calls and receive texts but I can't seem to send texts.

Any ideas please?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hrumph.  That's an odd one.  I assume we're talking about plain SMS, not MMS?   It should just work out of the box.  I think I'd be inclined to go into a Vodafone shop and see if they can sort it.   There shouldn't be a setting for it, so it may be an account or a SIM issue.

Edited to add: actually, the only thing I can think of is that the phone isn't picking up the message centre number from the SIM.

View solution in original position

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hrumph.  That's an odd one.  I assume we're talking about plain SMS, not MMS?   It should just work out of the box.  I think I'd be inclined to go into a Vodafone shop and see if they can sort it.   There shouldn't be a setting for it, so it may be an account or a SIM issue.

Edited to add: actually, the only thing I can think of is that the phone isn't picking up the message centre number from the SIM.

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Yes thanks for your response hrym, I have changed the message centre number now and it works!

View more options
Highlighted

Glad it's fixed, but scratching my head as to why it was wrong in the first place.  Unless you'd transferred from another network and it had the old setting?

View more options