cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long does it take to activate Apple Watch eSim?

Philwoods76
2: Seeker

I signed up via the watch app on my iPhone for the £7 p/m plan for the eSim in Apple Watch series 4.

All seemed to go well, but over 24 hours now and the Apple watch reports it has no data connection and the watch app on iPhone just reports 'waiting'.

I see a few other people have reported similar issued on these forums, but nobody reports what the solution was. 

Do I just need to be patient?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your right people have experienced issues with getting this working @Philwoods76 

If soft rebooting does not help then I'd suggest to call 191 or use Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to ask them to access your account and check.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

JesHxx

I'm having the exact same problem with my Apple Watch 4. I wondered if it was just me being new to the watch and not 'tech savvy'. It seems to be 'active' but no sim/data plan. I've re synced it and reset the Apple Watch several times and even set it up manually. I've also rung a few to be told it's all in hand. I haven't had an email or text to say it's complete either 🤷🏼‍♀️  and I didn't have one the first time around. My QR code seems to be expired and there's nowhere on the app I can find to type the code in manually. 🤷🏼‍♀️  All software is up to date. I just want it to work!! 

It took just over a week of backwareds and forward on Twitter, but they got me sorted in the end.

The solution in the end seemed to come when I gave the the EID of my eSIM in the Apple Watch.  A few hours later that asked me to unpair the Watch from my Phone and re-pair it again (I know this takes ages!!), and during that re-pairing process the Wtach picked up that it had a data plan and all good since.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JesHxx As @Philwoods76 mentioned, we'll be able to help you with this over platforms such as Twitter. Please can you send us your details over securely? To find out all the ways to contact us, please visit Here

Thank you 😊 it seems to be working now  🤞🏼 I don't remember what I looked at or what made me do it but I deleted the secondary number off my phone in the settings and it connected. 

LefflerHirthe

Open the Watch app on iPhone.

Click My Watch, choose Cellular.

Click on Set up Cellular (Set up Cellular).

Fill out the registered Identity Card or Citizen ID / Passport for the Subscriber Number mounted on the iPhone.

Agree to terms and conditions.

The interface shown below is that you can use Viettel's service on Apple Watch. Click Close / Close to start the service experience dzwonki na telefon