Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 1020 & WP8.1

whitty
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Is there an update to when 8.1 is getting rolled out? We have some 1020's with WP8.0 on and added another handset to our contract and that has been delivered with WP8.1 on it suggesting that it is out of testing and on general release.

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there 

I'm afraid Vodafone won't comment on when a firmware update will be released.  The reasons are covered in their Firmware Statement.

The only information from Nokia is here and simply states that the roll out starts in Summer 2014.

PWIAC

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

The Lumina Cyan update official roll out is immanent, 

some say this week or next

All you can do is keep checking

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Ok so it's nearly December 2014 and according to Nokia (here), the Cyan update is available in the UK on Vodafone for the Nokia Lumia 1020, however my phone is saying that there is no new update available. I was wondering whether I have in fact missed this so I decided to go into a vodafone store this weekend and the nice people there couldn't even confirm whether in fact this was out yet. All they did was suggest that I plug my phone into my computer and try and go through the interface on there for an update.... but there is no update option...?? Is this update, namely the firmware version of 3051.50009.1424.0006 even available yet, as I seem to be stuck on the version of 3051.50009.1424.0003, or have Nokia actually got this wrong. If it is currently out then how do I get it, as I would love to try out Cortana and the new VPN advancements. Is there a site I can browse to in order to obtain this update or do I have to flash the phone (however you do that)? It would have saved me a lot of time searching around for an answer today if the people in store could have just looked up on their computers and told me if it was or was not out yet. I'd appreciate any feedback on this, and hopefully a definative answer.

Many thanks

Danny

SynthFG

You have 8.1 but cortana doesn't come with 8.1 in the UK

The UK version of cortana comes with 8.1.1 which is only available as a dev preview for the 1020 at the moment, with official roll out expected within the next few months

The official 8.1 version for vodafone handsets is 3051.50009.1424.0006

The good news is that 3051.50009.1424.0003 is the UK country varient rather than the voda specific one so you have an unbranded handset and are on 8.1 you should get 8.1.1 as soon as Microsoft release it

Details of different European firmwares here

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europ...

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own