Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 1520, screen locking.

MrManJ
3: Seeker
I've got a Lumia 1520, as of about 2 months ago the screen started having issues and playing up. So I assume its a hardware issue
What it does is, randomly press Bing Search, then press back then home where it locks at the open windows screen. All I can do is, soft reset for it to be useable again.
I rung customer support at the guy said its my sim card. That I doubt highly.
He then tried to sell me an upgrade to a 4g Plan, I live in the middle of Dorset! I don't need no 4g!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
You actually said that you did need 4G, hence my asking. Your exact words were "I don't need no 4G"

I would suspect that you need to send your phone off for repair. More details in the link below.

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&C...

PWIAC

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
Hi there

Have you performed a factory reset of the device? If so, did that help you?

Regarding 4G, as you have said you need it, did you upgrade your plan or do the eForum Team need to help you with that?

PWIAC

MrManJ
Yeah I've hard reset too. So a factory reset and no, it didn't do anything.
I said I didn't need the 4g, he tried to sell me it saying it would fix the issue. But why would a sim card fix a hardware issue?

drey_p
You actually said that you did need 4G, hence my asking. Your exact words were "I don't need no 4G"

I would suspect that you need to send your phone off for repair. More details in the link below.

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&C...

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This isn't going to help with the original problem, but I can't resist quoting the great Mr Jagger.   "I can't get no satisfation".

I agree that this does sound like a repair job, though.

MrManJ
Ha, the link Drey has posted is "being tweaked" so I will have to wait.

One thing I have noticed over the last day or so, is that it plays up more when its plugged in and charging.

Thanks tho guys/girls

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MrManJ,

If you need to arrange a repair, here's a guide for getting it raised. 

If you'd rather approach Nokia directly, you can find your nearest Nokia Care Point here

Cheers,

Ben