Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 735 Facebook app doesn't work as well as it does on Android

Hobbes69
4: Newbie

Hi, I've just recieved a new Lumia 735 and the facebook app doesn't work in the way I want it to, specifically where photos are concerned. When trying to upload photos to my main page it usually times out because the files are too big, I've downloaded an instagram type lens to the camera but that only works when the wifi signal is very strong and won't work on data.

Any fixes for this, can anyone recommend a lens I should download? I can't find any settings to change on the lumia lens to resize the photos.

Also and even more annoying is that I manage a work page on facebook through my personal page and I can't upload photos at all, there isn't a camera icon on the page only a status update and this can only be used for text and not pictures, again this no problem on my old android phones ( Samsung and Sony) 

I've tried to download another app but it says I have the facebook app installed and it is up to date.

2 REPLIES 2

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. If you don't get any luck from Lumia users on here it might be worth also looking for advice over on Nokia's main Lumia forum - I found it was a pretty good site when I used my first Windows phone. Vodafone wouldn't have any control over the app or the software itself. One option might be to swap the phone if you're still in your first 14 days and don't feel it's suitable. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

hrym

Slightly long shot, but when you say that the Instagram lens only works with a strong wifi signal and not on mobile data, it sounds as though it's producing very large files.  Regarding the data connection, are we talking about 2G or 3G?  On wifi, could the issues be due to a congested network?   How do you get on with your home network?  A lot of apps tend to time-out on a slow connection and that may be the problem here.

I can't give you any specific answer, but these are issues that might help you if you look for help on the forum Redpages suggested,