Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 925 Vod DE, can I use it on Vod UK

richtayrich
2: Seeker

I purchased a second hand phone from Gum tree and found out later it was a previous Vodaphone Germany phone.

Buyer no longer exists so cant go back to them to ask for transfer etc.

Imei checks out ok and it works fine on any network on 2G.

As I want 3G, the phone locks up so I'm guessing its locked to Vodafone, thequestion I have is will it work on 3g if I sign up with Vodaphone UK?

More than happy to do that to get 3G speed etc.

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If the phone is unlocked, you will be able to use it with any SIM card on any network.  If it is locked, you will only be able to use it with a Vodafone DE SIM card.

As you are saying it works on 2G, it would indicate that the phone potentially isn't locked.  Can you make calls, send texts and use data over 2G?

What do you mean it locks up on 3G?

PWIAC

richtayrich

hi, yes, I can call, receive calls, text etc on 2g, any carrier (tesco, vodaphone, EE)

if I go 3g or 4g, it works for a few minutes browsing / apps then freezes and needs reboot.

Thought it was due to Vodaphone history, unless th eunit is shot, (its only a year old)

drey_p

If you can call, text and use data on 2G, it would indicate that the phone is unlocked.  If it was locked you wouldn't be able to do anything with it.

IF it is freezing / hanging, have you tried doing a factory reset of the device?

PWIAC

richtayrich

done about 10 hard factory resets, even flashed the firmware from german to UK CV, still doing it, flashed to Firmware UK EE, still doing it, back to Firmware CV UK, still doing it...

I thought it was Vodaphone locking the airwaves for 3G/4G..

drey_p

Nope, a locked device just won't work on any signal.

I wonder if the phone is faulty and needs to be checked out.  You may want to take it to your nearest Nokia Care Point

PWIAC

richtayrich
Thanks for clarifying it isn't locked .I was suspecting a faulty phone if it wasn't a locking thing.
Its strange, can connect 3g or 4g for 5 seconds ,1 minute..but within 10 mins its frozen..
I'll go to my nearest Nokia centre tomorrow see if they'll do something as its in warranty.(but as I'm not original purchaser may find a loop hole).thank you