Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Microsoft Lumia

Yaroslav
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I from Russia. In July for the first time I was in England. I left phone in a taxi and therefore decided to purchase new. In Vodafone I asked the seller: this phone will work in Russia? He answered: yes. But phone does not work, demands an unblocking code. Who is guilty? Perhaps, the seller not especially went for deception. But how to me to be to open phone now when it worked in Russia? What to make whom to address?

21 REPLIES 21

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Yaroslav wrote:

To use the English operator in roaming in Russia? It is very expensive!

Yes it would be but you could still use the phone in Russia.  That is what I think the person in the store understood from your question.

PWIAC

Can be... I couldn't imagine that it is so possible to think... Probably the only way for me - to go to Leeds and to return phone in shop)

drey_p

When did you buy the phone? You may already be out of the 30 day window to return the device.

PWIAC

Then I need only to ask him what he actually understood and to present him this phone. I only don't understand - why Vodafone can't change the rule to send the SMS to number of my operator in Russia?

Today I recalled. The seller at first said to me that phone is on sale only with the SIM card in a set. And only after I told that I depart to Russia today and I won't use Vodafone, it sold phone without SIM. What could he think - that I will buy a card of other operator in Britain? It is ridiculous! And now I am responsible for incompetence of the seller, but Vodafone to me in any way doesn't help!

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I can only but sympathise with the situation your in. 

Without anything in writing to support your verbal conversation your pretty much stuck where you are. 

I hope some of the advice already within this thread helps you. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

I followed the instruction. But Vodafone is ready to send a code for an unblocking only to the British number. I think them it is necessary to give the chance to include in the list of numbers as well my Russian number. It is an error of the seller of Vodafone. But I don't know how directly to address in Vodafone with the letter. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Yaroslav

1. The phone will need to have been used on the Vodafone Uk Network to latch its imei number to a valid Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go Account. (30 Days use making calls,texts,data use,topping up on Pay As You Go)
  2. Vodafone cannot guarantee an unlocking code will work while not in the Uk.

It's feasible the Vodafone Highstreet Employee didn't understand what you wanted to achieve. They sell phones primarily for use in the U.K. 

Current Phone  >