Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ni internet or MMS

paul700x
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I've just changed my pay monthly phone from a Blackberry Curve to Nokia 520. Internet and MMS were fine for the first week, now they've stopped working. I got a text message from Vodafone to say they'd send my new settings by text, but that never arrived. I've texted WEB to 40127 but again get the initial text saying that settings would follow and they never arrive.

I've added APN internet with the username and password 'web' and followed the steps to do the sap version too; still nothing works.

Is there a fix for this, or could I get the actual text with my settings please? I really need the internet on my phone asap.
1 REPLY 1

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Below is a cut and past of the automatic and manual configurations.

Adding manually can be quite tricky to explain and troubleshoot over the internet. If you still have problems it might be worth trying at a local Vodafone retail store.

--------------

Automatically
Simply text WEB to 40127 and the correct internet and picture messaging settings will be sent to your device by text.

You’ll find the settings in the second text/configuration message we send you, once your settings arrive you may need to accept or install them to make them active.

Manual Configuration

You might need to enter the settings manually on some devices. In these cases, first try our vodafone.co.uk/devicehelp which will walk you through step by step how to configure your settings. If your device isn’t available you can enter the following settings manually:

Pay monthly and Business

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 15
APN Type: default,mms

Pay as you go
APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk