Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No MMS for a year!

symo
4: Newbie

Nokia 925 contract.

Phoned Vodafone a few time re this issues but, like everyone else, spending hours of my day repeating the same stuff over and over again isn't that appealing.

Been through full settings thing several times. Hoping that someone here can tell me something obvious that may be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

25 REPLIES 25

infinidim
4: Newbie
Similar issue on the 930 for me.
Infinidim

hrym
17: Community Champion

MMS needs to be provisioned on your account and it sometimes gets disabled in the upgrade process (ie, you can have it then lose it).   If you've checked the settings, thta's likely to be the problem.   In the first instance, talk to 191 or Live Chat and specifically ask for this.  If they can't help you (it seems to vary), drop a note back here and the Tech Team should be able to fix it.

Thanks, like I said in first post I have spoke with Vodafone several times on this issue and they assured me that all was fine. They told me MMS was enabled, then sent me some new settings > Fail each time.

I will try them again, sigh, just wish I didn't take so long to get through to who you need and that someone would take ownership of the problem till it's resolved. Expensive things these contracts and service level is below rubbish really.

M

hrym

I haven't been down this route myself, but other people have reported that the frontline customer services people see something that appears to show MMS as being enabled, but there's a deeper setting they don't necessarily have access to - or don't look for.   The word "provisioned" seems to be important.

I thought I'd make one last effort to get this sorted. I went to the Solihull Vodafone store and explained all to the very patient advisor there. She went through all settings on my phone as well as all possible settings on the account screens.

Still no MMS. :smileyfrustrated:

BTW, 4G has never worked on the phone either. Could the two things be related?

hrym

MMS requires a data connection, but it'll work over 2 & 3G.  I assume you don't mean you have no data connection at all?   You could also check that your phone isn't restricted to 3G and below in data settings.  If you're not sure how to do that, you can download the full manual for your phone from the Nokia website.

Firstly, thanks for trying hrym!

Data works fine. The 4G problem is that, if I set max connection speed as 4G, I get full signal showing but if someone calls me the calls always go to ansaphone???

When I move back to max connection 3G I get the calls through again!

Never been able to use 4G but have been paying a 4G tarriff for almost a year! Nobody in call center or store has had the slightest idea what to do with that one!

hrym

Hmmm.   That's an odd one I haven't seen before.  I'm assuming you have 4G on your account and are in a 4G area?  (Apologies of that's effectively what you said).

Try Live Chat (Contact Us below).   It's possile/probable that this is beyond them, but ask - about the 4G issue.  If you draw a blank, drop a note back here and the Tech Team will be able to have a look.

Will the Live Chat people really have more insight than the Vodafone call centre or Vodafone store? Do they have access to different menu layers that I've not been through a gazillion times already?

Just ask as loathed to throw more time at this. Spent quite a few hours already. The problem is frustrating enough, spending additional time NOT solving it just makes it more so.

Sorry if I sound grumpy. It's because I am :Winking_smiley:

M