Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No MMS for a year!

symo
4: Newbie

Nokia 925 contract.

Phoned Vodafone a few time re this issues but, like everyone else, spending hours of my day repeating the same stuff over and over again isn't that appealing.

Been through full settings thing several times. Hoping that someone here can tell me something obvious that may be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

25 REPLIES 25

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I appreciate your frustration.  I've suggested Live Chat because I've always found them to be very helpful, but no, they don't have access to system that 191 don't.   Stores seem to vary in what they can do and I think it depends a lot of the technical expertise of the staff member concerned.

In this case, I was talking about getting 4G working, but if you've already been through the process on that one, there's probably not a lot of point in pursuing it further through the channels you've already tried.

If you have a working data connection with 2 and 3G, then I don't think the MMS problem is related and I suspect the service needs to be provisioned on your account.   Frontline customer services aren't always able to do this.

At this stage, you're probably best off waiting for the forum team to pick this up.  It'll mean a wait, I'm afraid, as they've been very busy latey, but they should be able to help.

Thanks hhrym.

I'll wait, I'm nothing if not patient :Winking_smiley:

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @symo

We’ll need to take a look at the MMS features on your account to see why this is happening.

As you’ve already tried Live help, please contact us directly here

The calls going to answerphone whilst set to 4G is a different issue.

You say you’ve never been able to use 4G. 4G is data only, so if you’re able to use data whilst connected to 4G then it’s working fine.

When your calls go to voicemail with 4G on, does this only happen in one location or everywhere you take your phone.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon.OK, I will contact as suggested.

Regarding the 4G issue, I've only really tested it at my home address as that's where I have time to mess about with stuff like this.

Just tried here at work and call came through OK with 4G enabled. I will try a few locations over next few days and let you know.

Thanks!

Filled in contact form. 2 days later a missed call then an email stating "I'm am not authorised" on this account? As stated previously, I have spoken with Vodafone many times in the past.

Not sure how I can become authorised? Or even what it means? Replied to the mail asking how I become "Authorized". No answer, this was last Friday.

I knew it would be a waste of time. Just as it has every other bloody time! :smileysad:

Now, I'm stuck in some kind of stupidity vortex.

I get mails saying I am "not authorised to speak" about my account but I can't seem to find out who is authorised? I have, up until now, have always just called up and ordered phones, changes to plans etc.

Nobody seems to want to take ownership of the problem and each new contact gets as far as dumping me for not being "Authorised". I ask for the name of someone within my company who is "Authorised" but, by then, the original "helper" has signed off the problem and we just start all over again.

So, a year on, still paying for a service I don't get and still wasting my time trying to solve the problem.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@symo 

We're only able to speak with the account holder for legal reasons.

The account holder can contact us and add you as an authorised user on the account.

If this is a business account, you'll also be able to contact your account manager.

DaveCD

Next you'll be saying you can't deal with me for Health and safety reasons! LOL. Anyway, update on the insanity that is dealing with Vodafone...

Tried our accounts and IT departments, got this reply from Systems Manager when I asked him to look into it...

"I don't believe this. From time to time when I call Vodafone (including in the last year) I have a game getting them to talk to me as they say you are registered name on the account!!

I'm not even sure of the password... I'll call them in a minute and see if they'll confirm password with me (may be *******) and sort pdf."

As I said before, I have called and ordered phones and added packages to the account in the past year.

Hopefully, someone will take pity on me or my colleague and deign to speak with one of us...

Sigh. Day 27 and still no resolution. In fact, still haven't even managed to speak to someone yet.

I have had a couple of calls from Vodafone customer service but they ring during work hours when, surprisingly, I might be working and not immediately be able to take the call. When I call back, within a minute or two, I find the number just sends me on a convoluted route back to the normal 191 "service".

I then get and email saying "tried to call you" and I reply to that too. This then goes into the general email enquiry pot, I guess, as nothing ever gets done with it. If I could just get someone to take ownership of the problem and provide me with a number or email that would be answered I'm sure we could solve the problem. It feels like the whole system is designed to make you give up and go away, not help.

Abysmal Vodafone, truly abysmal.

OK, took 30 days but, sorted now! Thanks Darshit. :smileyhappy: