Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No MMS for a year!

symo
4: Newbie

Nokia 925 contract.

Phoned Vodafone a few time re this issues but, like everyone else, spending hours of my day repeating the same stuff over and over again isn't that appealing.

Been through full settings thing several times. Hoping that someone here can tell me something obvious that may be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

25 REPLIES 25

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @symo

I’m glad to hear it’s now resolved.

Thanks for the update.

Gemma

symo
4: Newbie
Hi Gemma. Actually, the smiley face was a little premature. Issue is not resolved. Test mms to myself worked OK but when I tried another number I got the usual "Cannot send message, please try again".
Sent email to notify but I guess I'll have to wait usual 3 days for that to work through the system?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @symo ,

We'll work your email as soon as we reach it.

In the meantime, let me know if the same happens when you disable Wi-Fi in the phone settings. I struggle to send SMS if i'm at home on my broadband Wi-Fi but as soon as I travel out they send OK.

Apologies if it's one of the steps you already tried in store on 20 November.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks Ben. Yes tried with wi-fi on and off. Didn't work.

We are now on day 34 of the current campaign to get this sorted. Why is it so difficult to have just one support person see the problem through? Every stage of the process has a 3 or 4 day time lag while messages work through the system. It's madness.

Not your fault, I know, thanks again for trying!

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @symo,

If you'd like a quicker turnaround time, please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. In the past year I have tried Live help, call centres, store visits. I was hoping that this forum would be my saviour but all it's given me so far is a very clear insight into the nature of patience.

I have had another mail from Darshit and have just replied. I now have to sit and wait for 4 days until the message seeps through the ungodly mess that is your tech help system before I get a reply.

We are now on day 38 of this process. How long does it take before someone will give me their email address or a phone number? It's madness to have a 4 day lag on communication. Could you not point a manager to this thread? I don't want special treatment but a little basic decency for a paying customer isn't too much to ask, is it?

Cool name btw.

Matt