Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 2630 SIM not working in Nokia 113

pinkcloud
4: Newbie

I have a Nokia 2630 with Vodafone Pay as You Go.

I purchased a new Nokia 113 and the store put the SIM in it from my Nokia 2630 and said it would work.  It doesn’t.

The new Nokia 113 shows everything as being empty.  The Nokia 2630 shows the messages only.

I have always had some difficulty in knowing what is on the phone and what is on the SIM

I have read horrendous stories of people overwriting things and losing things when changing phones and I do not want to do that as all of the messages on the 2630 are very important.

Can anyone help please with what to do to be able to use the 113?

Is there any way I can copy the messages on the 2630 to permanent storage to be sure to keep them?

pinkcloud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinkcloud,

It sounds as though your texts have been stored on the Nokia 2630 itself rather than the SIM.

It’s possible to transfer all your important data from one phone to the other.

You’ll need the Nokia Suite, which you can download here.

Once it’s installed, there’s a help guide that’ll give you more information.

Thanks,

Andy

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinkcloud,

It sounds as though your texts have been stored on the Nokia 2630 itself rather than the SIM.

It’s possible to transfer all your important data from one phone to the other.

You’ll need the Nokia Suite, which you can download here.

Once it’s installed, there’s a help guide that’ll give you more information.

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks for your reply.

I need to know if  there is any way I can copy the messages (important) on the 2630 to permanent storage to be sure to keep them?

I also have the problem of the new 113 having the SIM in from the 2630 but the 113 is showing completely empty.

I do have the Nokia Suite you mention but it isn't helping me.

Thanks for help.

pinkcloud

My thread is showing solved but it isn't and I don't know how to fix that?

pinkkcloud

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

If you have nokia suite you should be able to sync the messages from the 2630 via bluetooth (2630 appears not to have USB data transfer hardware) to the PC (you may need to pick up a bluetooth dongle to do this

You should then be able to sync these to the 113 in the same way

Alt can you pair the 2 phones with bluetooth and copy the messages via an inbuilt transfer app

tbh It's been a while since I've looked at an S40 device

There's also the nokia sync app but I don't know if this does messages

TBH if permanent storage is important to you then you need a higher spec handset

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As fasr as I know, SIM storage is pretty limited.  On as basic phone, it makes sense to keep contacts on the SIM so that they can be easily transferred, but you're limited, of course, to the 14 characters plus number format that the SIM supports and (I think) about 200 entries).  I've never tried storing texts on a SIM, but I'd assume you'd run out of space pretty quickly, so it would be a matter of regular deletion of all except the ones you want to keep.  You can copy contacts to a SIM, but I don't know about SMS.

As SynthFG says, you might be better off with a smartphone.   There are apps available that will back texts (and other things) up to online storage so that it's easy to recover them if necessary or transfer them from one handset to another.   This and pc sync programs also allow you to copy them to other storage, too.  Conatcts can also be syncd to an email account such as Google so that they're available everywhere too - and, of course, you can store a lot more than just a short name and a phone number.

Thanks SynthFG and hrym for your most helpful replies.

This is all a bit above me (and I was told previously that the 2630 does not have Bluetooth).

I think I am going to give up on the 113.

I did not have a smartphone as I only have the phone for a few texts in a month and the odd call I need to make urgently. Is there a basic Nokia one that would allow me to store future messages on separate permanent storage?

My priority is to somehow store permanently the important messages on the 2630 and I would be grateful for continuing help with that.

Thanks for help

pinkcloud

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinkcloud,

You can also visit your local store where the team will be able transfer these messages on to a USB stick (which you can pick up for a small fee if you haven't already got one) using the RED Box

DaveCD

DaveCD

That is a terrific reply thank you and just what I need.

I haven't got a near Vodafone store and I did not know about the Red Box service but I will certainly do that now.

In my previous message I said  I did not have a smartphone as suggested as I only have the phone for a few texts in a month and the odd call I need to make urgently. I asked if there is a basic Nokia smartphone that would allow me to store future messages on separate permanent storage?

If anyone can help me with this please then that will be me sorted.

Thanks again for help.

pinkcloud

SynthFG

I'd look at the Nokia Lumina 625

In many way's it's better than it's successor the 630 and can be picked up brand new sim free or PAYG for well under £100 

Windows phone is perhaps the simplist user interface for the non tech savy to get to grips with and with the latest update, due in a few weeks it isn't missing any of the important features of Android or iOS

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own