cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 MMS issues !! URGENT BIG PROBLEM!!

t_jharper
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had the Nokia Lumia 520 on Vodafone pay as you go for one month now i cannot send or recieve picture messages .

I have tried the following

-Hard reset and manual roam

-Full phone update and restored all settings

-A different sim

-I read that MMS doesnt work on the Nokia Lumias and you need  the APN app that cannot be found in the Nokia store?? .....

-MMS is set up on the online account

-You also cannot see on the Nokia Lumia 520 apns already it doesnt allow you to view them or delete.

-My internet works fine

Why isnt this stated in the instructions you supply in the box??

When we are being told hard reset etc that doesnt work with this issue but wastes time ...

Vodafone need to be made aware of this Nokia Lumia issue.

As the threads on here have that many views and comments this doesnt look good when you are telling customer things that will not work i understand this  normally does fix things with manual roam hard reset etc but not this case. 

As customers are going round and round in circles.

Thank you

34 REPLIES 34

Hi t_jharper,

Firstly, thanks to orroz for the information he’s given.

We’ve got your email and will be in touch soon.

Cheers,

Andy

I've got the same issue. I've tried:

Inputting the settings manually.

Texting Web to 40127.

Calling vodafone helpline, 3 times.

Taking the phone back to the carphone wharehouse.

Looking on the forums for an answer.

Googling the problem for an answer.

Doing a factory reset on the phone.

None of the above solved the problem. When I took the handset back to the carphone wharehouse they contacted vodafone and were told that it was due to an "ongoing problem" with the vodafone MMS service that was not likely to be resolved until the end of May. Really, or is that just a way to fob people off because they haven't got a clue what the problem is? With the amount of people complaining about this on the internet vodafone MUST be aware that there is an issue with the Lumia 520 sending and receiving MMS. If they don't know how to solve the problem it would be better if they just admitted it rather than keep supplying people with solutions to the problem that just don't work.

Hi DARKF01L,

We'll need to check your account settings from this end.

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt B

I ma having the same problem. The fact that Vodafone seem to thing they fob people off with same BS. You are meant to be a communitactions company COMMUNITCATE!!!!

Hi Iain,

We can't discuss account information on a public forum, that's why we ask people to email us securely.

If you'd like us to have a look at your account, take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi tech team.

Its now july, and would like to know if the nokia lumia 520 mms problem has been fixed yet? A time frame of "end of May" was given.  Ive been waiting and waiting and driven around the bend tryin to get it to work.  6 months now!

I've tried......

1. texting for web settings.  (the 520 CANNOT accept the settings via text).

2. Manually changing setting as advised by the vodafone website, carphone warehouse, and the vodafone tech team via telephone.

3. 5 X factory resets.

I honestly think this is a joke.  Bought the phone from carphone warehouse.  Tried to take it back because it DOES NOT do what it says on the tin,  and was refered to my operator, Vodafone.  Went to a vodafone shop an was told to go back to carphone warehouse.

I get told to use some kind of app.  Which one to send a picture message to another mobile phone without using facebook or other social media.  I dont want to use social media such as FB and twitter etc.

All my older phones could send mms, finally got persuded to get a smart phone.  What a load of rubbish.

Can anyone at Vodafone ACTUALLY help, rather than giving the standard answer of try this, try that.  Ive tried all those things, just as many other users have, but get no where.?

O, BTW, wonder if I get the standard answer of "sorry we seemed to have missed this, did you get your problem sorted?" response????????

SOMEONE FROM VODAFONE  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

PS:  Vodafone has already "checked my settings at their end"  countless of times.  No problems there.  (Thats another vodafone standard response I always get).

Hi tristen202,

If you've tried the SIM in another phone and MMS messages work there won't be anything wrong with your account at our end.

You'll need to take the phone back to the original supplier if you're not happy with it and they'll have their own policies on repairs/exchanges.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hmmm, that's not quite true though is it Matt_B.... Let's turn that around and put an alternative SIM card in the phone (like I just have, I replaced my contract one with a PAYG), select the correct access point settings when prompted (click on Vodafone PAYG) and hey presto the phone now has active internet and MMS.

Therefore it's not a problem with the phone at all, so stop shifting the responsibility to fix this Vodafone fault onto the phone shops.

For everyone else who's falling victim to this poor approach to customer services; I replaced my contract SIM and changed the access point settings to Vodafone Contract and it's now working - not sure how long for but I'll be back on to the good old Vodafone 'Tech Team' if and when it goes down again.