cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 MMS issues !! URGENT BIG PROBLEM!!

t_jharper
3: Seeker

I have had the Nokia Lumia 520 on Vodafone pay as you go for one month now i cannot send or recieve picture messages .

I have tried the following

-Hard reset and manual roam

-Full phone update and restored all settings

-A different sim

-I read that MMS doesnt work on the Nokia Lumias and you need  the APN app that cannot be found in the Nokia store?? .....

-MMS is set up on the online account

-You also cannot see on the Nokia Lumia 520 apns already it doesnt allow you to view them or delete.

-My internet works fine

Why isnt this stated in the instructions you supply in the box??

When we are being told hard reset etc that doesnt work with this issue but wastes time ...

Vodafone need to be made aware of this Nokia Lumia issue.

As the threads on here have that many views and comments this doesnt look good when you are telling customer things that will not work i understand this  normally does fix things with manual roam hard reset etc but not this case. 

As customers are going round and round in circles.

Thank you

34 REPLIES 34

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi paul700x, 

Thanks for keeping us updated - I'm glad it's now working. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the future. 

Thanks, 

Phil

Hi Phil, What was that you said? "Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the future."!! I think the point that paul700x was trying to make is that the Vodafone tech team haven't been any help at all and, in fact, just tried to blame the problem on the phone. Do you guys EVER read what people are writing on these forums or do you only read the script that sits next to your monitors? DARKF01L.

hrym
17: Community Champion

Have you looked at the settings and established that you have Vodafone Contract (I assume it's contract) MMS installed and set as the default?   My understanding of Windows devices was that they install APNs silently, so you never see the text, although it does come in.

If everything is correct and the SIM works in another device, there's really not much more Vodafone can do, I'm afraid.  They're providing the service and the issue would seem to be with your device.

thesoupdragon

If CPW won't play ball, you have two choices; you can fight the legal stand point and try and make them deal with it.

Or you can go direct to Nokia and either go to one of their Care Points, or see if you can arrange a postal repair?

Nokia Care point Locations

Personally I'm all about getting the Phone fixed, so I would use Nokia but that's only my opinion and you must do what is right for you!

Wink.gif

This may or may not help but since I finally managed to sort this on my lumia 620 this morning I thought I'd pass it what I did. Not sure of difference between 520 and 620 in setup though. 

Like yourself I followed previous advice about setting up an access point etc and it made no difference (still no lucj trying to download a previously received MMS). The instructions for 620 were at http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

However, on switching back to the access point setup by settings sent to the phone and trying again it did miraculously work. The difference in the manual settings compared to auto setup seems to be that the auto setup uses a "Authentication type" of PAP but there's not mention of this in the manual setup steps. I wonder whether swapping to a new access point and back is forcing MMS settings to be set in a way not done when settings sent through.

As I say, this may not help as it's a different Lumia. But anything is worth trying with this annoying issue.

Hi thanks for your advise ive tried this one also this is so annoying

paul700x
Nicely put DARKF01L, I'm glad that it's only 'tech team' members that can't understand the intention of the message! Let me tell you about my first experience of the tech team:
Me: *explains problem
TT: Turn it off and on again
Me: Done that, it hasn't worked
TT: Oh... I'll have to transfer you to someone else
TT: *hangs up

Thanks guys (that's sarcasm)

hrym

Phone systems sometimes fail to transfer correctly.   It probably wan't a deliberate hangup.

paul700x
Probably not, my point was more that the knowledge of the people answering these calls does not go beyond 'Turn it off and on again'

hrym

Troubleshooting MMS issues is notoriously difficult.  However, it often comes down to their not being provisioned on your account and it's possible that's what you were being transferred for.  Now that you're here, hang on for the forum team who'll be able to check this for you.