cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 MMS issues !! URGENT BIG PROBLEM!!

t_jharper
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had the Nokia Lumia 520 on Vodafone pay as you go for one month now i cannot send or recieve picture messages .

I have tried the following

-Hard reset and manual roam

-Full phone update and restored all settings

-A different sim

-I read that MMS doesnt work on the Nokia Lumias and you need  the APN app that cannot be found in the Nokia store?? .....

-MMS is set up on the online account

-You also cannot see on the Nokia Lumia 520 apns already it doesnt allow you to view them or delete.

-My internet works fine

Why isnt this stated in the instructions you supply in the box??

When we are being told hard reset etc that doesnt work with this issue but wastes time ...

Vodafone need to be made aware of this Nokia Lumia issue.

As the threads on here have that many views and comments this doesnt look good when you are telling customer things that will not work i understand this  normally does fix things with manual roam hard reset etc but not this case. 

As customers are going round and round in circles.

Thank you

34 REPLIES 34

lol, do you work for Vodafone?? Yet another one that doesn't read the messages... the whole point of this continuing thread (sorry to the OP for hijacking) is that IT'S FIXED... I FIXED IT with zero support from Vodafone.

Can we let the issue rest now, without another uninformed defence of the tech team?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes, I know it's fixed, but this is a public forum and other people will come to the thread and it's useful for them to see the paths available.

You do work for Vodafone then. That's a poor backtrack in an attempt to cover up your lack of attention. If you were aiming your comment at the public it's no good giving the advice "now you're here, hang on for the forum team who'll be able to check this for you." People that have this issue will need to contact the tech team to request that their settings are investigated. Unless you were demonstrating the well trodden path of; fix it yourself then wait for useless advice from the tech team. Can you let it drop now? I'm bored of correcting your mistakes.

Lol. The words "banging head" and "brick wall" spring to mind for some reason :Smiling:

HI everyone,

I CAN SEND PICTURE MESSAGES HOORAY!!!!

This is for anyone who uses PAYG. & FREDDOM FREEBIES

Since I got the phone 9 months ago, I have been using Freedom Freebies for the unlimited texts, calling minutes and data allowance.  Great value for money I think.

With all this agro with MMS, I feel so silly. But Im posting this info, just in case there are many people who did not or do not realise.  Freedom freebies do not include MMS messaging (picture messaging).  These are charged at 39p per message, so you need to make sure you have credit on your phone too.  I always thought MMS and SMS would be considered the same thing now, but like the old phones, (pre smart phone) Vodafone, as with all other companies charge you a different rate.

This maybe helpful to some people, but this is what I have figured out in last few hours.  I would have thought vodafone should have mentioned this from the start. EG:  Do you use freedom freebies and have sufficient credit on your phone to send a picture message, as picture messages are not included with you freedom freebies.

I know this wont help everyone, or maybe anyone else for that matter, but you never know.  BTW, my phone has recently updated too, so that might have had something to do with it.  Who knows????

Tristen